Please remember that WiKirby contains spoilers, which you read at your own risk! See our general disclaimer for details.
Abandoned Beach is the first stage of Everbay Coast in Kirby and the Forgotten Land. In this stage, Kirby traverses a rocky seaside, dodging Gnawcodiles and using the Hammer ability from Wild Bonkers to pound stakes and free trapped Waddle Dees. Further in, Kirby dodges whirlpools in tight water channels, then makes use of Ring Mouth to blow away his foes and steer a boat to the gold cage at the end.
There are two Capsules from Vol. 1 to collect in this stage, and five missions to complete. There are a total of nine Waddle Dees to rescue here, when including the mission objectives.
This stage takes place in four main areas, with one side room accessible from the third area.
In the first area, Kirby makes his way across a series of small coastlines at the edge of the sea, dealing with enemies along the way. Near the end, he finds a small island with a Gnawcodile swimming around it, where a Warp Star can be accessed.
In the second area, Kirby makes his way to the right with a tall cliffside to his left. Shortly into this path, he has to battle Wild Bonkers, and defeat him to gain the Hammer ability. From here, Kirby can bash his way though containers and enemies, and pound stakes to open up hidden passageways and chambers. The main door forward can be found to the right, guarded by two Scarfies.
In the third area, Kirby needs to swim through a tight water-filled crevasse full of hazardous whirlpools, Glunks, and patrolling Gnawcodiles. A hidden passage to a side chamber can be found here by scaling the cliff on the right hand side and pounding a stake. The main door forward lays past more whirlpools.
In the last area, Kirby finds a sunken hotel building, atop which he can inhale a light hoop to gain Ring Mouth. From here, he will need to make his way through a series of narrow walkways through the area, blowing gusts of wind at anything that gets in the way. Kirby can head straight to the gold cage at the end from here, but there might be some more rewards to find if he blows at the Windmill Switches off the path. One of these will give him access to a boat which he can steer using his gusts of wind and collect the things in the water.
Differences between difficulties
In Wild Mode, there are two Gnawcodiles swimming in the narrow water passage in the third area, as opposed to just one in Spring-Breeze Mode. In the hidden area where the last Waddle Dee is, there are three Gnawcodiles in Wild Mode, as opposed to two in Spring-Breeze Mode. Everything else is the same between the difficulties.
Abandoned Beach has five missions to complete, as follows:
- "Clear the stage" - Kirby must complete the stage.
- "Save the hidden Waddle Dees" - Kirby must find and rescue the three hidden Waddle Dees in silver cages. Their locations are as follows:
- Waddle Dee 1: This Waddle Dee can be found in the second area, shortly after defeating Wild Bonkers. To find him, Kirby needs to locate the Glunk in front of a ladder, and use it to find a stake to pound, lowering a wall and revealing this Waddle Dee.
- Waddle Dee 2: This Waddle Dee can be found in the side area from the third main area. To find the room in question, Kirby should locate a sleeping Awoofy on the cliffside to the right shortly before the tight waterway with the patrolling Gnawcodiles. From there, he can climb up footholds on the cliff to reach a stake, and pound it to open the passageway. Once inside the room, Kirby needs to race against a timer Clocker to save the Waddle Dee.
- Waddle Dee 3: This Waddle Dee can be found in the last area, hidden in a room accessible from behind a fragile wall in the cliffside. Kirby can break through this wall by using Ring Mouth to propel the boat into it. To get the boat, Kirby needs to head down away from the passageway with the Buffahorn and activate a Windmill Switch to raise the part of the walkway with the boat at the end.
- "Crack open 3 Knock-Knock Nuts" - Kirby must find and break all three Knock-Knock Nuts in the stage. Their locations are as follows:
- Nut 1: Can be found on the main path in the first area.
- Nut 2: Can be found on the island with the Warp Star on it in the first area.
- Nut 3: Can be found in the last area in the upper-right corner near a whirlpool. Ring-Mouth Kirby on a boat is needed to reach it.
- "Destroy the animal sand sculpture" - Kirby must find and destroy the Awoofy sand sculpture. It is located at the end of the second area, just to the right of the door.
- "Complete the sign on the rooftop" - After Kirby obtains Ring Mouth, he must stand in the gap in-between the letters that spell "Hotel" in the New World script on the rooftop.
Enemies and Abilities
|Regular Enemies||Bosses & Mid-Bosses|
- It is possible to skip the battle with Wild Bonkers in this stage by having Kirby hop up onto the canopies of the tree shortly before the battle area, and then hover over the barrier keeping him from moving in front of the walkway. From here, he can swim past the battle area without triggering Wild Bonkers to appear.
Lighting Wild Bonkers ablaze using Volcano Fire
Nintendo Switch Online profile icon background, depicting Abandoned Beach
100% walkthrough of Abandoned Beach.
Names in other languages
Oyoge! Hirobiro Bīchi
|Let's Swim! Such a Spacious Beach|
Yóuyǒng Ba！Guǎngkuò Hǎitān
|Let's go swimming! Such a Spacious Beach|
Yóuyǒng Ba！Guǎngkuò Hǎitān
|Dutch||Verlaten strand||Deserted beach|
|French||Plage à l'abandon||Abandoned beach|
|German||Einsamer Strand||Lonely Beach|
|Italian||Spiaggia abbandonata||Abandoned Beach|
|Korean||헤엄쳐라! 널찍널찍 비치
Heeomchyeora! Neoljjakneoljjak Bichi
|Let's Swim Around! Such a Spacious Beach|
|Spanish||Playa Abandonada||Abandoned Beach|