Fast-Flowing Waterworks is the fourth stage of Everbay Coast in Kirby and the Forgotten Land. In this stage, Kirby traverses a series of waterways with strong currents. Along the way, he makes use of the Ring Mouth and Stairs Mouth to solve puzzles. Further in, he contends with rooms containing giant whirlpools before reaching the gold cage at the end.
There are two Capsules from Vol. 1 to collect in this stage, and five missions to complete. There are a total of 11 Waddle Dees to rescue here, when including the mission objectives. The blueprint for Chain Bomb can be found here.
This stage is broken up into four main areas, with one hidden side area.
In the first area, Kirby takes a series of walkways down to reach a fast-flowing channel that carries him far into the distance. As he travels down this waterway, he will need to watch out for enemies and other obstacles. The door to the next area can be found at the end.
In the second area, Kirby moves along a set of walkways with a smaller channel flowing through the middle of them, while dealing with more foes on the banks. Halfway through this area, Kirby encounters an enemy ambush on a narrow bridge, and will need to defeat all of them to progress. This done, he can obtain the blueprint for Chain Bomb from a Treasure Chest. The path continues from here in a similar manner to earlier in the area until the door forward is reached.
In the third area, Kirby ventures to the right in an underground section, where he will need to make use of Stairs Mouth to reach high slopes and deal with barricades. The door forward can be found after the area where the second set of stairs is lain to rest, though two imprisoned Waddle Dees can clearly be seen here behind some gates.
In the last area, Kirby has to deal with strong circular currents. The first room poses little danger, but the second and third contain whirlpools that will drag Kirby under if he gets too close to the middle. As he swims around these, he will need to hit switches and deal with more enemies. Once he is clear of those rooms, he travels through a narrow pipe to reach the exit to the facility and rescue the Waddle Dees in a gold cage.
Differences between difficulties
There do not appear to be any differences in the number of enemies between Spring-Breeze Mode and Wild Mode in this stage.
Fast-Flowing Waterworks has five missions to complete, as follows:
- "Clear the stage" - Kirby must complete the stage.
- "Save the hidden Waddle Dees" - Kirby must find and rescue the five hidden Waddle Dees in silver cages. Their locations are as follows:
- Waddle Dee 1: This Waddle Dee can be found in the first area, near the end of the long flowing channel. Kirby needs to duck into some concrete pipes to save him.
- Waddle Dee 2: This Waddle Dee can be found in a side room accessible from the second area by breaking a Bomb Block on the right. In this room, Kirby needs to use Ring Mouth and a boat to get to the Waddle Dee held by a Clocker. To get there in time, he needs to take the correct path through the cracked walls: right, left, then center, and then blast through the Gnawcodiles in the way.
- Waddle Dee 3: This Waddle Dee can be found in the third area behind a gate that can be opened by weighing down the switch on the left with the second set of stairs.
- Waddle Dee 4: This Waddle Dee can be found behind the third Waddle Dee and another gate, which can be opened by weighing down two switches with the third set of stairs. Kirby needs the Ice ability to access these stairs.
- Waddle Dee 5: This Waddle Dee can be found in the last area above the last whirlpool room. To reach him, Kirby needs to climb up the steps on the right side of the room and hit the switch to make a path.
- "Eat 3 Tins of Fish" - Kirby must find and eat the three Tins of Fish in the stage. Their locations are as follows:
- Tin 1: This tin can be found at the end of the first area by activating a glowing point.
- Tin 2: This tin can be found in the third area by taking the first set of stairs to the ledge with the burning logs on top. Using Ice, Kirby can clear these out and get the tin.
- Tin 3: This tin can be found in the first whirlpool room in the last area, circling the whirlpool itself.
- "Win the battle without falling into the water" - Kirby must defeat the enemy ambush at the bridge without touching the water.
- "Find the golden fish" - Kirby must find and scare away the golden fish. It is located in the third area where the second set of stairs are located.
Enemies and Abilities
|Bosses & Mid-Bosses
- On the walls of the room where the boat race for the third hidden Waddle Dee happens, various messages in the new world language can be read. The first variant reads "H-86", followed by a faded subtitle of "HAL LABORATORY". The second variant is surrounded by a rectangle and has some safety stripes on it, and reads from top to bottom: "NO FIRE; STAFF ONLY; CAUTION; PAY ATTENTION TO THE HANDLING OF FIRE HERE; SAFETY FIRST".
- Around various parts of the level, often close to other building supplies, small piles of brownish packets with the Holine Corp. logo on them can be found. The new world language on them reads "CEMENT".
100% walkthrough of Fast-Flowing Waterworks.
Names in other languages
Chika Suidō ni Nagasarete
|Washed Away in the Underground Waterworks
|Downstream Underground Waterways
|Wild water pipeline
|Rapids in the waterworks
|지하 수도에 휩쓸려서
Jiha Sudoe Hwipsseullyeoseo
|Swept Away in the Underground Waterworks
|Depuradora de Aguas Rápidas
|Treatment Plant of Rapid Waters