Conquer the Inferno Road
Conquer the Inferno Road is the second stage of Redgar Forbidden Lands in Kirby and the Forgotten Land. In this stage, Kirby makes his way through high-up and narrow walkways over the volcanic wastes, making use of the Ice ability from Wild Frosty to safely traverse lava and then using Ring Mouth to blow away his enemies on the catwalks and steer a boat through the lava.
There are two Capsules from Vol. 1, one from Vol. 2, and one from Vol. 3 to collect in this stage, and five missions to complete. There are a total of 11 Waddle Dees to rescue here, when including the mission objectives. The blueprint for Space Ranger can be found in this stage.
This stage is broken up into three main areas, with a hidden side area accessible from the second main area.
In the first area, Kirby climbs a tall tower by going around the spiral path leading up it. As he does so, he needs to battle enemies and avoid Gigatzo fire, as well as sidestep lava puddles. At the top of the tower, Kirby does battle with Wild Frosty and two Primal Awoofies, and can take a Warp Star to the next area once finished.
In the second area, Kirby travels along a long and narrow road, which is regularly cris-crossed by bridges and walkways partially covered in lava. Using Ice or one of its variants will allow Kirby to safely traverse these walkways. Otherwise he will need to take the main road which is littered with enemies. The door to the next area can be found at the end of this path up a ladder.
In the third area, Kirby traverses an even narrower path high up, which is patrolled by Bernards and flanked by Shotzos and Gigatzos. Using Ranger and Ring Mouth, Kirby can neutralize these threats as he moves forward. At the end of the path, Kirby needs to make a long fall down to a boat in the lava lake below, and then use Ring Mouth to steer the boat through the lava to the gold cage on an island up ahead. Once on the island, Kirby can find and shoot a Target Switch to obtain the blueprint for Space Ranger before completing the stage.
Differences between difficulties
There do not appear to be any differences in the number of enemies between Spring-Breeze Mode and Wild Mode in this stage.
Conquer the Inferno Road has five missions to complete, as follows:
- "Clear the stage" - Kirby must complete the stage.
- "Save the hidden Waddle Dees" - Kirby must find and rescue the five hidden Waddle Dees in silver cages. Their locations are as follows:
- Waddle Dee 1: The first Waddle Dee is located in the first area, and is visible from behind a window. To get into the room where the Waddle Dee is, Kirby needs to find a passageway from the next corner up.
- Waddle Dee 2: This Waddle Dee can be found in the second area, inside a building off to the side from the main path. Kirby needs to use Ice to skate across the lava on the left side and then cross a bridge to cool down the fire blocks on the roof of the building.
- Waddle Dee 3: This Waddle Dee can be found in the hidden side area from the second area. To get in, Kirby needs to skate over to the cracked floor on the left side using ice, then cross the bridge of fire blocks while simultaneously cooling it down. From there, Kirby needs to obtain Cone Mouth and re-cross the bridge, minding the lava ball that falls on the middle. Once back on the left side, Kirby can use Cone Mouth to break open the floor. Once inside the room, Kirby needs to solve a timed puzzle involving several Mouthful Modes to save the Waddle Dee.
- Waddle Dee 4: At the end of the second area, Kirby can find this Waddle Dee down a chute that he needs to fall down into from above.
- Waddle Dee 5: Along the path in the third area, Kirby needs to obtain Ring Mouth and use it on all three Windmill Switches. This will cause an island to rise out of the lava lake ahead, which contains a treasure chest that holds this Waddle Dee.
- "Steal 2 of the beasts' meaty meals" - Kirby must find and eat two "meaty meals" in the stage. Both meals can be found in the first area, with the first being shortly into the main path, and the second being hidden at the top of the tower. To reach this second one, Kirby needs to jump to a catwalk from the ladder before the fight with Wild Frosty.
- "Make all the Windmill Switches spin" - Kirby must find and make all the Windmill Switches in the last area spin using Ring Mouth. The first three are along the main path, but the last one is behind the gold cage platform in the lava lake.
- "Use Crash to defeat Wild Frosty" - Kirby must defeat Wild Frosty using the Crash or Time Crash abilities. Crash can be obtained from a Bomber partway up the first area.
Enemies and Abilities
|Bosses & Mid-Bosses
100% walkthrough of Conquer the Inferno Road.
Names in other languages
Rekka Yuku Michi
|The Path to Conquer the Raging Fire
Qiánwǎng Lièhuǒ zhī Dào
|To the Blazing Path
|Verovering van de Infernoweg
|Conquest of the Infernal road
|Sur la route infernale
|On the infernal road
|Marsch auf der Inferno-Straße
|March on the Inferno-Road
|열화 정복의 길
Yeolhwa Jeonbogui Gil
|The Path of Inferno Conquest