Rocky Rollin' Road
Rocky Rollin' Road is the third stage of Natural Plains in Kirby and the Forgotten Land. In this stage, Kirby traverses some high clifftops and buildings, making use of the new Ranger ability to take care of distant foes and targets. Meanwhile, he has to dodge large rolling boulders in many directions and circumstances. Near the end of the stage, Kirby needs to make use of Car Mouth to drive past the last set of obstacles and save the Waddle Dees.
There are four Capsules from Vol. 1 to collect in this stage, and five missions to complete. There are a total of ten Waddle Dees to rescue here, when including the mission objectives.
Rocky Rollin' Road consists of one long continuous main area with a side room accessible partway through. It begins with a bushy path leading to the centerpiece of the stage; a large building atop a tall cliffside with boulders continually rolling down all sides of it. As Kirby approaches, he will need to first sidestep a Jabhog and then deal with some Bernards and gain the Ranger ability from them. Using this, Kirby can fire at his enemies from a safe distance, and shoot some Target Switches along the way to unlock various things. As Kirby climbs the cliffside, he will need to mind the boulders, which roll down in large numbers. Once he gets up and around the cliff, he can start heading back down, but will be chased by a giant boulder that inexplicably appeared atop the building. After evading this, Kirby can head to a lower area where he finds a car to obtain Car Mouth. Using this ability, Kirby can quickly drive through the rest of the stage, but it will be a tight pass to get around the narrow corners without falling off into the abyss below. After flattening more enemies and evading one more set of boulders, Kirby reaches the end of the stage by finding the gold cage.
Differences between difficulties
There do not appear to be any differences in the number of enemies in this stage between Spring-Breeze Mode and Wild Mode.
Rocky Rollin' Road has five missions to complete, as follows:
- "Clear the stage" - Kirby must complete the stage.
- "Save the hidden Waddle Dees" - Kirby must find and rescue the four hidden Waddle Dees in silver cages. Their locations are as follows:
- Waddle Dee 1: This Waddle Dee is hidden behind some barrier blocks in a cliffside which can be removed by shooting the Target Switch at the end of the first path of boulders.
- Waddle Dee 2: This Waddle Dee is found in the side room, accessible by shooting the Target Switch on the building side. Kirby needs to shoot all five Target Switches in the room before they dip under the fence to make a Treasure Chest appear which contains this Waddle Dee.
- Waddle Dee 3: This Waddle Dee can be made to appear if Kirby reaches the bottom of the giant boulder escape section and hits the switch on a barrel at the edge of the fragile floor before the giant boulder smashes it.
- Waddle Dee 4: This Waddle Dee is hidden inside a building, which has a fragile wall that can be broken by ramming it using Car Mouth.
- "Find the side road while going uphill" - Kirby must enter a hidden side passage. This can be found by finding a gap in the wall to the right while running up the slope with the boulders rolling down it.
- "Eat snacks off 3 tree stumps" - Kirby must find and eat all three food items sitting on tree stumps. Their locations are as follows:
- Snack 1: A loaf of French bread can be found near the start just after encountering the first Bernards.
- Snack 2: A banana can be found at the bend towards the first set of boulders.
- Snack 3: A milk carton can be found near the Blade Knight just before the giant boulder section. Kirby needs to activate a shimmering area to make it appear.
- "Drive without falling off the edge" - This is awarded if Kirby reached the end of the stage having never fallen into a bottomless pit while using Car Mouth.
Enemies and Abilities
|Bosses & Mid-Bosses
- There is a hidden HAL Room in this stage. To find it, Kirby needs to get to the end of the stage and then activate a glowing spot to make a very distant Target Switch appear in the background as well as the Ranger Copy Essence near the left bench of the plaza. Shooting the Target Switch with Ranger opens the way to the room.
100% walkthrough of Rocky Rollin' Road (HAL Room is deliberately omitted).
Names in other languages
|Rumble Rumble Road
|Rolling Rock Road
|Rolling rocks road
|Pierres qui roulent
|Ball rock road
|Vía de Rocas Rodantes
|Rolling Rocks' Road