Forgo Horns is the fourth stage of Isolated Isles: Forgo Dreams in Kirby and the Forgotten Land. This stage is mostly a recobbling of areas from Winter Horns, with new enemies and obstacles. It culminates in a battle with Phantom King Dedede.
This stage is composed of six areas played in sequence.
The first area is based on the first part of Northeast Frost Street, but now features a lot of obstacles that require Drill's Quake Surge technique to overcome. Further in, Kirby can make use of Vending Mouth, but the machine only has three cans in it.
The second area is based on a portion of Metro on Ice, where Kirby needs to travel through a series of hallways dodging falling icicles and hitting nails with Hammer. At the corner near the end of the section is a secret path to the right, leading to a Vol. 4 capsule.
The third area is based on the first part of Windy, Freezing Seas, but with a lot more Gigatzos on the path. The pipe from the main version of the stage has been replaced with a traffic cone, and the cave safe from the breeze has been removed.
The fourth area is based on a portion of The Battle of Blizzard Bridge, and starts Kirby off against a lot of charging Buffahorns. Near the end of the bridge, Kirby needs to face off against all four Mid-Bosses in sequence in a breezy battle site. Items will drift by as the fight progresses which Kirby may want to collect. After this fight, Kirby can slip along a hidden path to the right which will net him a Rare Stone.
The fifth area is not directly based on any previous stage. Instead, it places Kirby on one of two boats moving slowly down a freezing river channel. Kirby will need to hop from one boat to the other to deal with enemies or dodge obstacles. Partway through, one of the boats gets destroyed, and Kirby can grab a hoop to gain Ring Mouth and gain control over the other one. From here, he can steer his way down the remainder of the channel to reach the Warp Star at the end.
In the last area, Kirby has to do battle with Phantom King Dedede. The fight is similar to the main-game equivalent, but much faster and with added Gordos and Gordo Bars. Once Phantom King Dedede is down, Kirby can collect the last pieces of Leon's soul and complete the stage.
Differences between difficulties
There do not appear to be any differences in the number of enemies between Spring-Breeze Mode and Wild Mode.
Pieces of Leon's Soul guide
The following is a guide on how to obtain all of the pieces of Leon's Soul in Forgo Horns:
Area 1 (Northeast Frost Street): 12 Pieces
- The 1st piece can be found by digging in the glowing spot at the start of the path.
- The 2nd piece can be found by using Quake Surge on the fenced spot just behind the first Digguh.
- The 3rd piece can be found by using Quake Surge on the fenced spot between two fences further back.
- The 4th piece can be found by using Quake Surge on the small hill with Poppy Bros. Jr. on it.
- The 5th piece can be found in the hidden side alley. Kirby needs to use Drill to get in.
- The 6th piece can be found by using Drill to get into the space where a Bomb Block can be hit to reveal a passage in the wall up the stairs.
- The 7th piece can be found partway down a bottomless hole to the left from the stairs.
- The 8th piece can be found on an alcove along the right wall. Kirby needs to find a glowing spot to make some steps up there appear.
- The 9th piece can be found along the icy walkway near the end of this area. Kirby will want to be careful here if he is using Vending Mouth.
- The last three pieces can be found to the right from the end of the area, behind some metal boxes guarded by some patrolling Gordos. Kirby needs to use Vending Mouth to get in, but he only has three cans, so he needs to conserve them along the way.
Area 2 (Metro on Ice): 8 Pieces
- The 1st piece can be found along the main path, boxed in by traffic barriers.
- The 2nd piece can be found by a nail in the wall right after the 1st one.
- The 3rd piece can be found by hitting three nails on a section of wall. The last one is frozen, so Kirby will need to use Hammer Flip or some other fiery technique to break the ice.
- The 4th piece can be found by hitting three nails on another section of wall. The last one is frozen, so Kirby will need to use Hammer Flip or some other fiery technique to break the ice.
- The 5th piece can be found in-between two falling pillars at the bend in the hall.
- The 6th piece can be found along the way to the hidden room at the bend in the hall. Kirby needs to hover behind the fencing to get it.
- The 7th piece can be found in the hidden room alongside the 6th one. This one is behind a wall of ice blocks.
- The last piece can be found along the hall leading back, accessible after pounding a nail up on the high platform behind the Balloon-Meister.
Area 3 (Windy, Freezing Seas): 10 Pieces
- The 1st piece can be found along the main path near the start.
- The 2nd piece can be found by hitting a switch along the main path. Kirby needs a speed boost from something like Needle to reach the switch.
- The 3rd piece can be found atop a broken pillar just off the main path.
- The 4th piece can be found on a walkway stretching to the left form the main path. Kirby needs a speed boost from something like Needle to reach it.
- The 5th piece can be found in-between two Gigatzos on the main path.
- The 6th piece can be found in a metal box along the main path. It can be broken using Cone Mouth.
- The 7th, 8th, and 9th pieces can be found behind some metal boxes against the wall. Kirby will need to bust a water pipe on the path using Cone Mouth to gain enough height to get him there with the cone.
- The last piece can be found by using Cone Mouth to break a water pipe near the end of the main path, and then jump from the spout to reach it. Alternatively, Kirby can jump and then do a downward spike in midair to reach it.
Area 4 (The Battle of Blizzard Bridge): 7 Pieces
- The 1st piece can be found out in the open along the main path.
- The 2nd piece can be obtained by defeating a possessed Awoofy behind the charging Buffahorns.
- The 3rd piece can be found by activating a glowing spot guarded by a Big Kabu.
- The 4th piece can be found behind a Bernard on the bridge.
- The last three pieces of Leon's soul can be found by collecting all five star pieces during the mid-boss fights. The first four appear and float on by during each battle, whereas the last can be picked up after defeating all four mid-bosses.
Area 5: 9 Pieces
- The 1st piece can be found along the channel. Kirby will need to hop onto the left boat to get it.
- The 2nd piece can be found a little further along the channel. Kirby will need to hop onto the left boat to get it.
- The 3rd piece can be found by hopping over a Gordo Bar past a patrolling Gnawcodile.
- The 4th piece can be found by hopping over another Gordo Bar past another patrolling Gnawcodile.
- The 5th piece can be found on a platform to the right. Kirby needs to hop off his boat to reach it, but the platform will start to sink and cause the boat to start to drift forward. Kirby needs to grab the piece quickly so he can get back to his boat before it gets too far ahead.
- The 6th piece can be found by hopping over three Gordo Bars past another patrolling Gnawcodile.
- The last three pieces can be found by windblasting a Windmill Switch to the right and then quickly going through the gate it opens on the left before it closes.
Area 6 (An Unexpected Beast King): 5 Pieces
- The last 5 pieces can be found by defeating Phantom King Dedede.
Enemies and Abilities
|Bosses & Mid-Bosses
100% walkthrough of Forgo Horns (re-play).
Names in other languages
Bèi Yíwàng de Jiǎofēng
Bèi Yíwàng de Jiǎofēng
|포가튼 화이티 호른즈
Pogateun Hwaiti Horeunjeu
|Forgotten Whitey Horns