Moonlight Canyon is the fourth stage of Originull Wasteland in Kirby and the Forgotten Land. In this stage, Kirby travels through a dark desert cave, making use of Light-Bulb Mouth to light his way. From here, he moves out into the open moonlight and makes his way across battlements and crumbling bridges. He finishes off by using Arch Mouth to fly through the canyon in order to reach the gold cage and save the Waddle Dees.
There are 2 Capsules from Vol. 1 and 2 from Vol. 2 to collect in this stage, and five Missions to complete. There are a total of 11 Waddle Dees to rescue here, when including the mission objectives. The blueprint for Twin Drill can be found in this stage.
There are four main areas in this stage, with a hidden side area accessible from the third main area, and a small room after the fourth main area to contain the gold cage.
In the first area, Kirby needs to scale a cliffside using narrow walkways and switchbacks. Along the way, he can grab a couple items from barrels, including a Capsule and a blueprint for Twin Drill before heading through the doorway to the next area.
In the second area, Kirby needs to navigate through a dark cave using Light-Bulb Mouth. Along the way, he will need to mind the Ghost Gordos and the crumbling floors as he moves along. Near the end, he will also need to watch out for falling pillars that break away parts of the walkway.
The third area begins with Kirby approaching a big metal door that opens to reveal a starry night sky and the bright "moonlit canyon". From here, he needs to move along a series of high narrow cliffside passageways, many or which feature bridges made of Breakable Blocks. Along the way, a series of breakable blocks leads to a side area involving Scissor-Lift Mouth, while the main path leads past Gigatzo fire and another falling pillar to reach the door forward.
In the fourth area, Kirby needs to make use of Arch Mouth to fly down a long canyon filled with broken wind turbines, more Gigatzos, and more falling pillars. At the end of this perilous flight, Kirby touches down in a small clearing, where he can collect the Waddle Dees in the gold cage.
Differences between difficulties
There do not appear to be any differences in the number of enemies between Spring-Breeze Mode and Wild Mode in this stage.
Moonlight Canyon has five missions to complete, as follows:
- "Clear the stage" - Kirby must complete the stage.
- "Save the hidden Waddle Dees" - Kirby must find and rescue the five hidden Waddle Dees in silver cages. Their locations are as follows:
- Waddle Dee 1: This Waddle Dee can be found in the second area. To reach him, Kirby needs to find the hidden path behind the second Gigatzo and follow it to a challenge involving a moving platform in the wall.
- Waddle Dee 2: This Waddle Dee can be found in the second area, near the end. After the falling pillars break the stairway, Kirby needs to find a path to the left and locate a Solar Panel Switch, and power it to make a new ramp appear from the abyss below. From here, the Waddle Dee will appear on the ramp.
- Waddle Dee 3: This Waddle Dee can be found in the third area, along a lower path of breakable blocks which has a Gigatzo firing down it. Kirby can find the cage at the extreme edge of this walkway.
- Waddle Dee 4: This Waddle Dee can be found in the hidden side area accessible from the third main area. To reach this room, Kirby needs to take a series of breakable blocks along the cliffside until he reaches an area where he can use Scissor-Lift Mouth to hit a switch and open the gate. Once inside the room, Kirby needs to complete a challenge where he uses Scissor-Lift Mouth to cross a crumbling bridge and then cross another bridge while dodging Copy Essences for the Sleep ability (this obstacle is nullified if Kirby obtained Deep Sleep).
- Waddle Dee 5: This Waddle Dee can be found near the end of the Arch Mouth flight path. When the giant column falls in Kirby's way, it has two holes in it that he can fly through. Taking the smaller hole on the right will lead to the Waddle Dee.
- "Remove 3 wanted posters" - Kirby must find and remove three of the Beast Pack's wanted posters throughout the stage. Their locations are as follows:
- Poster 1: This poster is located in the first area, just to the left of the door into the cave.
- Poster 2: This poster is located at the end of the second area. It can be found by looking to the left from where the last falling pillar was.
- Poster 3: This poster can be found on a small alcove on the side of one of the cliff walkways in the third area, shortly after rescuing the third Waddle Dee.
- "Clear the secret room without falling" - Kirby needs to complete the challenge in the hidden side area without ever falling into the bottomless pit below.
- "Find the treasure hiding by cactus triplets" - At the very end of the stage, Kirby can find a glowing point by three cactuses behind the gold cage.
Enemies and Abilities
|Regular Enemies||Bosses & Mid-Bosses|
100% walkthrough of Moonlight Canyon.
Names in other languages
|French||Canyon au clair de lune||Canyon under the moonlight|
|Italian||Canyon Chiardiluna||Moonlight Canyon|
|Spanish||Cañón Luz de Luna||Moonlight Canyon|