Burning, Churning Power Plant
Burning, Churning Power Plant is the third stage of Redgar Forbidden Lands in Kirby and the Forgotten Land. In this stage, Kirby moves through a power plant that, despite being set in an active volcanic region and being abandoned for a long time, is still operational. Inside, Kirby will need to dodge many crushing hazards and use Fire and his Mouthful Modes to power through the enemies therein.
There are two Capsules from Vol. 1, 2 from Vol. 2, and 2 from Vol. 3 to collect in this stage, and five Missions to complete. There are a total of 11 Waddle Dees to rescue here, when including the mission objectives. The blueprint for Deep Sleep can be found in this stage.
This stage is broken up into four main areas, as well as a hidden side area accessible from the second main area and a short introductory area outside the plant.
Kirby starts off on a walkway that leads past two Primal Awoofies and into the ominous power plant.
In the first main area, Kirby needs to head down a long hallway that features three sets of crusher walls that will squish him if he is not careful. Along the way, he can pick up the Fire ability from a couple Hot Heads on guard. The door the the next area is at the end of the hall, past a Buffahorn.
In the second main area, Kirby needs to travel to the right along a series of conveyor belts with some vertical crushers. After passing these, Kirby can move on through the door, but there are a few other things to find here. Namely, if Kirby can get behind the malfunctioning crusher, he could climb up to a vantage point where he can find a side area to save a Waddle Dee, and also locate the blueprint for Deep Sleep outside that room before moving on.
In the third main area, Kirby runs through three straight hallways full of enemies and obstacles while a spiky wall approaches him from behind. Down the second hall, a vending machine can be picked up to make things easier from there. The door to the next area can be found in a room below the three hallways.
In the final main area, Kirby needs to use Vending Mouth to break a Bomb Block across a lava chasm, and then dodge a series of walls that come for him. Partway through this evasion, Kirby is given a choice between Ring Mouth and Cone Mouth, and should choose the latter if he wants to fit through the last triangle-shaped gap. Fitting through the first two gaps with Vending Mouth will award 5 and 10 Star Coins respectively, while fitting through the triangle hole with Cone Mouth will spawn a bunch of Star Coins in the next section. From here, he is free to head to the gold cage at the end of the large room that reveals itself after the last wall falls.
Differences between difficulties
There do not appear to be any differences in the number of enemies between Spring-Breeze Mode and Wild Mode in this stage.
Burning, Churning Power Plant has five missions to complete, as follows:
- "Clear the stage" - Kirby must complete the stage.
- "Save the hidden Waddle Dees" - Kirby must find and rescue the five hidden Waddle Dees in silver cages. Their locations are as follows:
- Waddle Dee 1: This Waddle Dee can be found in the first main area, inside the last crusher. Kirby needs to locate the boxes embedded in the crusher wall on the right side and break in.
- Waddle Dee 2: This Waddle Dee can be found in the second main area. To free him, Kirby needs to collect the five star pieces located around and on top of the crushers.
- Waddle Dee 3: This Waddle Dee can be found in the side area accessible from the second main area. To reach the room, Kirby first needs to reach the end of the second area and locate the Lantern Switch. Once lit, he will be able to head into the room. Once inside, Kirby needs to solve a puzzle involving a fuse and Stairs Mouth to reach the Waddle Dee.
- Waddle Dee 4: This Waddle Dee can be found in the third main area. To reach him, Kirby needs to obtain Vending Mouth on the second spike-chase hallway, an take it down to the end of the third hallway to use to break a blue shutter.
- Waddle Dee 5: This Waddle Dee can be found at the end of the stage underneath a fragile floor. Kirby can bust the floor open using Cone Mouth.
- "Infiltrate the control room" - In the first area, Kirby needs to find and enter the hidden control room. This can be reached by jumping up on top of the crusher near the end of the hall by taking the hole in the side blocked off by boxes, then finding the entrance on the left wall from there.
- "Perk up with 3 cups of coffee" - Kirby needs to find and consume the three cups of coffee in the stage. Their locations are as follows:
- Coffee 1: Can be found in the first main area, atop some Star Blocks off to the right by a sleeping Primal Awoofy.
- Coffee 2: Can be found in the second main area, atop a Star Block next to a sleeping Primal Awoofy along the conveyor path.
- Coffee 3: Can be found in the third main area, on the top floor just past the hole going down, atop some Star Blocks next to a sleeping Noddy.
- "Don't get squished" - Kirby must complete the stage without ever getting crushed by anything.
Enemies and Abilities
|Regular Enemies||Bosses & Mid-Bosses|
- This stage appears to be an homage to the Factory Tour stage from Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards, as both stages are factories that contain many conveyer belts and crushing hazards.
- There is a hidden HAL Room in this stage. To find it, Kirby needs to get to the control room, and then backtrack from there until he goes back out to the starting area. From there, a new path will appear that he can follow up to the room.
100% walkthrough of Burning, Churning Power Plant (The HAL Room is deliberately omitted).
Names in other languages
Shigen Enerugī Puranto
|Resource Energy Plant|
Zīyuán Néngliàng Gōngchǎng
|Resource Energy Factory|
Zīyuán Néngliàng Gōngchǎng
|French||Centrale électrique trépidante||Hectic power plant|
|German||Feuerhölle im Kraftwerk||Fire hell in the Power plant|
|Italian||Un impianto scottante||A scalding facility|
|Korean||자원 에너지 플랜트
Jawon Eneoji Peullaenteu
|Resource Energy Plant|
|Spanish||Planta Industrial Abrasadora||Scorching Industrial Plant|