Concrete Isles is the second stage of Everbay Coast in Kirby and the Forgotten Land. In this stage, Kirby hops between the eponymous concrete isles to collect star pieces and haul up Waddle Dees trapped in treasure chests. Along the way, he acquires the Drill ability to help him search for pieces and makes use of the Scissor-Lift Mouth and Pipe Mouth to clear away obstacles and get to isolated locations. All the while, Kirby dodges the fire of many Gigatzos.
There are three Capsules from Vol. 1 to collect in this stage, and five missions to complete. There are a total of ten Waddle Dees to rescue here, when including the mission objectives.
Concrete Isles is split up into two main areas.
The first area is a long and winding zone consisting mainly of open bodies of water fenced in by railing. Interspersed in this area are several platforms, mostly consisting of squared-off concrete roofs, where various enemies and star pieces can be found. Some of these platforms have moving catwalks connecting them, while others have soft patches where Kirby can use the Drill ability to dig for treasures. There are two sets of five star pieces - one green and one orange - and collecting all the pieces causes cranes to lift up platforms which hold Treasure Chests containing trapped Waddle Dees. To collect the second set or orange pieces, Kirby needs to make use of both Drill and the Scissor-Lift Mouth to grab them, while also dodging fire from Gigatzos on the sidelines. From here, the main path forward is via a Warp Star at the far end of this area.
In the second area, Kirby walks along a high cliffside where he needs to contend with platforms that shift in and out of the cliff face and dodge more Gigatzo fire, which can be done more easily using Drill. Along the way, another Warp Star can be dug up to take Kirby to an elevated walkway where he can use Pipe Mouth to save another Waddle Dee. From here, Kirby needs to dig through particularly heavy Gigatzo fire on a narrow winding path to reach the gold cage at the end of the stage.
Differences between difficulties
There do not appear to be any differences in the number of enemies between Spring-Breeze Mode and Wild Mode in this stage.
Concrete Isles has five missions to complete, as follows:
- "Clear the stage" - Kirby must complete the stage.
- "Save the hidden Waddle Dees" - Kirby must find and rescue the four hidden Waddle Dees in silver cages. Their locations are as follows:
- Waddle Dee 1: This Waddle Dee can be found in the first half of the first area by collecting all five green star pieces to make the crane haul up a treasure chest containing him.
- Waddle Dee 2: This Waddle Dee can be found in the second half of the first area by collecting all five orange star pieces to make the crane haul up a treasure chest containing him.
- Waddle Dee 3: This Waddle Dee can be found on the secret "isle of treasure" which is located off the main path at the end of the first area, to the right of the Warp Star.
- Waddle Dee 4: To save this Waddle Dee, Kirby needs to dig up the red Warp Star using Drill in the second area, hiding under a glowing star-shaped dirt patch on the main path. From here, he can use Pipe Mouth to crash through a barrier and then collect the last star piece needed to open the gate holding this Waddle Dee in.
- "Greet 3 sea birds" - Kirby must find and scare away three sea birds floating on water. Their locations are as follows:
- Bird 1: Can be found near the start of the first area, near the platform where the Squishys can be found.
- Bird 2: Can be found near the middle of the first area, shortly after obtaining the Drill ability, and before the first Gigatzo.
- Bird 3: Can be found at the end of the first area, near the platform with the Warp Star.
- "Make landfall on the isle of treasure" - Kirby must find the path leading off to an isolated island. This can be found near the end of the first area, off to the right from where the Warp Star is.
- "Dig up a Maxim Tomato" - Using Drill, Kirby must dig up a Maxim Tomato from one of the glowing dirt patches. This patch can be found near the end of the second area, on the walkway bombarded by Gigatzo fire.
Enemies and Abilities
|Bosses & Mid-Bosses
- There is a secret room in this stage. To reach it, Kirby needs to search the first area until he finds a whirlpool over a concrete fixture with a hole in the middle (this can be found shortly after obtaining Drill). When Kirby is sucked into this whirlpool, he will be taken to a room where he needs to hop along boxes in a fast-flowing river using Cone Mouth to get to a treasure room on the other side, which contains lots of Star Coins and a Capsule.
100% walkthrough of Concrete Isles.
Names in other languages