Invasion at the House of Horrors
Invasion at the House of Horrors is the third stage of Wondaria Remains in Kirby and the Forgotten Land. In this stage, Kirby wanders through a haunted fun house full of tricks and scares. Partway through, Kirby needs to make use of the Light-Bulb Mouth to illuminate his way through a particularly dark and precarious zone.
There are 3 Capsules from Vol. 1 to collect in this stage, and five Missions to complete. There are a total of 10 Waddle Dees to rescue here, when including the mission objectives. The blueprint for Time Crash can be found here.
This stage consists of three primary areas.
In the first area, Kirby wanders through a series of straight hallways that bend sharply at regular intervals. Along the way, he is ambushed on the regular by ghostly enemies Spookstep and Phanta, while also being regularly harassed by Surprise Alien Boards. Along the way, Kirby can pick up some hidden snacks and obtain the Cutter ability from Sir Kibble.
In the second area, Kirby will need to pick up Light-Bulb Mouth and then activate a solar panel switch to move the room up to a big and dark area. Up ahead, Kirby needs to make use of his illumination skill to see the path ahead, lest he fall into a bottomless pit. Along the way, he will need to watch out for more alien boards and keep his distance from the Ghost Gordos that see him when he is lit up. One of the paths in the dark leads to a side room where a Waddle Dee can be rescued, and another one can be found by going off the beaten path near the end.
In the third area, Kirby will need to ditch his light bulb before proceeding. From here, he walks through a series of halls that seem to split into two paths at first, but it is quickly shown that one of the "paths" is actually a painting, which will fall and crush him if he doesn't get out of the way. This trick is played on him a couple times, though one of the walls falls to reveal a vending machine, which Kirby will need to get past the alien boards blocking the way. Along this path, Kirby should keep an eye out for an out-of-place green Star Coin, since it will lead him to a hidden passageway where he can pick up the blueprint for Time Crash. On the main path, Kirby will need to ride a series of moving platforms and avoid (or break if he can) the last set of alien boards before reaching the gold cage at the end.
Differences between difficulties
There do not appear to be any differences in the number of enemies between Spring-Breeze Mode and Wild Mode.
Invasion at the House of Horrors has five missions to complete, as follows:
- "Clear the stage" - Kirby must complete the stage.
- "Save the hidden Waddle Dees" - Kirby must find and rescue the four hidden Waddle Dees in silver cages. Their locations are as follows:
- Waddle Dee 1: This Waddle Dee can be found at the end of the first area. Just after the last set of alien boards, Kirby should find a path leading off to the right which leads to a space where a Captured Roulette can be found. Kirby needs to hit it when it displays a Waddle Dee to save him. Otherwise, he gets a Gordo.
- Waddle Dee 2: This Waddle Dee can be found in the side room accessible from the second area. To reach this room, Kirby needs to find it by locating the path in the dark near the upper-left corner that goes over the Ghost Gordo there. Once inside, Kirby needs to use the Cutter ability to hit a Captured Roulette when it shows a Waddle Dee.
- Waddle Dee 3: This Waddle Dee can be found in the second area, near the end. Once Kirby reaches the platform at the end of the main path, he needs to spot the side passage going off to the right and follow it to an area where a Solar Panel Switch needs to be lit in-between two Ghost Gordos. Doing this allows Kirby to save the Waddle Dee behind the gate.
- Waddle Dee 4: This Waddle Dee can be found in the last area, on the long moving platform ride near the end. He is located behind the last set of alien boards that pop up on the left hand side. Kirby may need to use Vending Mouth to access him.
- "Clear without touching any Ghost Gordos" - Kirby must complete the stage without ever having been damaged by a Ghost Gordo.
- "Eat 3 of the ghosts' hidden snacks" - Kirby must find and eat the hidden candy items throughout the stage. Their locations are as follows:
- Snack 1: The first snack is a chocolate bar, found in the first area behind some glowing hexagonal decorations.
- Snack 2: The second snack is a doughnut, found in the upper left corner at the end of the second area, right before discarding Light-Bulb Mouth.
- Snack 3: The third snack is a shortcake slice, which can be found in the third area, hiding behind a set of hexagonal blocks in the room where Kirby is ambushed by lots of ghosts.
- "Destroy 13 aliens by using Vending Mouth" - Kirby must acquire Vending Mouth near the end of the stage and use it to destroy 13 Surprise Alien Boards.
Enemies and Abilities
|Regular Enemies||Bosses & Mid-Bosses|
- A hidden blue Star Coin can be found behind the platform that this stage's gold cage is floating above.
- The light bulb Kirby uses to obtain Light-Bulb Mouth appears to have fallen out of one of the two stage lights seen at the beginning of that section.
100% walkthrough of Invasion at the House of Horrors.
Names in other languages
Bikkuri Horā Hausu
|Surprising Horror House|
|Frightening Haunted House|
|French||Invasion au manoir hanté||Invasion at the haunted manor|
|German||Invasion im Horrorhaus||Invasion in the Horror house|
|Italian||Invasione nella casa degli orrori||Invasion at the house of horrors|
|Korean||깜짝 호러 하우스
Kkamjjak Horeo Hauseu
|Surprising Horror House|
|Spanish||Invasión en la Casa del Terror||Invasion at the Horror House|