Searching the Oasis
Searching the Oasis is the second stage of Originull Wasteland in Kirby and the Forgotten Land. In this stage, Kirby explores the dried-up remnant of a luxury hotel, dodging toxic goop created by the resident Poison Croakoms and sidestepping Totengas. Near the end, Kirby has an opportunity to use Water-Balloon Mouth to clean up the sludge and defeat the Poison Croakoms.
There are 2 Capsules from Vol. 1 and 1 from Vol. 2 to collect in this stage, and five Missions to complete. There are a total of 11 Waddle Dees to rescue here, when including the mission objectives. The blueprint for Buzz-Saw Cutter can be found in this stage.
This stage is broken up into three main areas and a hidden side area accessible from the third main area.
In the first area, Kirby runs around a dried-up courtyard, and will need to keep on his toes as he battles enemies and navigates around toxic sludge. Near the end, he spots a source of this sludge: a Poison Croakom, who he will have to avoid as he heads to the Warp Star to move on to the next area.
In the second area, Kirby moves along a narrow path, where lots of Totengas attempt to block him. Along this path, right after the Totenga ambush at the ring of toxic goop, Kirby can find a blueprint for Buzz-Saw Cutter if he searches behind the main path. After dodging another Poison Croakom, Kirby can head through a door to the next area, though there is another path to take if Kirby looks for a ladder.
In the third area, Kirby needs to head up a series of steppes, guarded by Digguhs and more Poison Croakoms, one of which spits at him from an elevated position. Along this path, Kirby can find a water pipe and use it to gain Water-Balloon Mouth. Using this, Kirby can finally clean up the sludge and defeat the Poison Croakoms that were harassing him. From here, he can waddle over to the gold cage, past its last defenders.
Differences between difficulties
There do not appear to be any differences in the number of enemies between Spring-Breeze Mode and Wild Mode in this stage.
Searching the Oasis has five missions to complete, as follows:
- "Clear the stage" - Kirby must complete the stage.
- "Save the hidden Waddle Dees" - Kirby must find and rescue the five hidden Waddle Dees in silver cages. Their locations are as follows:
- Waddle Dee 1: This Waddle Dee can be found at the secret pool, which is located in the first area, through a passage obscured by foliage behind a Sssnacker.
- Waddle Dee 2: This Waddle Dee can be found in the second area, by finding a ladder up a tall platform in the area with the Poison Croakom.
- Waddle Dee 3: This Waddle Dee can be found by using Dome Mouth to pry off a dome just past where the second Waddle Dee is. From there, Kirby needs to head down the chute and then use Pipe Mouth to clear a jumping challenge.
- Waddle Dee 4: This Waddle Dee can be found in the "secret room" accessible from the third main area, by first cleaning up the toxic goo in the way, and then using Drill to get under the fence. In the secret room, Kirby needs to dig up all five star pieces from the passing dirt patches.
- Waddle Dee 5: This Waddle Dee can be found behind the last Poison Croakom guarding the end of the stage.
- "Take a nap by the secret pool" - Kirby must find the secret pool in the first area and then use the Sleep ability there.
- "Defeat 2 Poison Croakoms" - Kirby must use Water-Balloon Mouth to defeat two Poison Croakoms. To defeat the second one, he needs to bring the pipe up to the higher floor by finding a switch up there using Drill.
- "Diligent digging in the secret room" - Kirby must dig up all of the glowing dirt patches in the hidden side area using Drill.
Enemies and Abilities
|Regular Enemies||Bosses & Mid-Bosses|
100% walkthrough of Searching the Oasis.
Names in other languages
|Searching for Moisture|
|Seeking for Moisture|
|Canadian French||Cachette dans l'oasis||Hide and seek in the oasis|
|European French||Cache-cache dans l'oasis||Hide and seek in the oasis|
|German||Auf der Suche nach der Oase||In Search of the Oasis|
|Italian||Caccia nell'oasi||Hunt in the oasis|
|Searching for Water|