Please remember that WiKirby contains spoilers, which you read at your own risk! See our general disclaimer for details.
A Trip to Alivel Mall
A Trip to Alivel Mall is the fourth stage of Natural Plains in Kirby and the Forgotten Land. In this stage, Kirby wanders through an abandoned shopping mall, making use of the Needle and Ice abilities to help him overcome the various enemies and obstacles within to save the Waddle Dees. He also uncovers hints to help him avoid getting lost by tearing down sets of lockers using Storage Mouth. Along the way, he battles Wild Frosty.
There are three Capsules from Vol. 1 to collect in this stage, and five missions to complete. There are a total of ten Waddle Dees to rescue here, when including the mission objectives.
The stage takes place in seven main areas (not counting the introductory room). Kirby starts the stage by landing at the entrance to the giant mall complex and running through the front door.
The first main area starts with Kirby heading up a broken escalator, at the top of which he can grab the Needle ability from a Needlous. From there, the path leads to the right down a long hallway lined with foes, pitfalls, and pit stops to grab recovery items. All the way at the end of the hall, it bends toward the back to reveal an area where a couple Poppy Bros. Jr. rain down bombs from above, but an Invincible Candy can be found tucked away in a corner at this turn to make passing through safer. The door leading forward is just beyond this point.
In the second area, Kirby finds himself in a hall that bends toward the back after passing by a set of lockers. A conveyor belt leads toward the back, with three possible paths to take, marked by signs of food. Only one of these paths will lead Kirby where he wants to be, and a hint to know which one can be found behind the lockers.
The third area changes depending on which path Kirby took previously. If he took the wrong path, he will find himself in a mostly empty hall save for a treasure chest in the middle. Opening it reveals nothing, however, and instead causes four Awoofies to appear. If Kirby took the correct path, however, he'll find the Awoofies having lunch at tables instead, and can find a lost Waddle Dee and some other goodies in this room.
The fourth area is a long winding hallway filled with conveyor belts and various foes. At the first bend, Kirby is forced to fight the Mid-Boss Wild Frosty. Defeating him yields the Ice ability, which Kirby can use to good effect to cool down burning logs and freeze enemies on the way forward. As he progresses down the path, Kirby can intercept boxes that are about to fall off the conveyor belts to recover their items. After passing by once more set of conveyors forming a square around a spike pit, the door to the next area can be found.
The fifth area is a large open room with six possible paths to take, but only one of them is the correct one. To find out which, Kirby will need to uncover two separate hints by pulling down lockers.
The sixth area changes depending on which path Kirby took previously. If he took the wrong path, he will find himself in a mostly empty hall save for a Treasure Chest in the middle. Opening it reveals nothing, however, and instead causes four Awoofies and two Gabons to appear. If Kirby took the correct path, however, he'll find the Awoofies having lunch at tables instead, and can find a lost Waddle Dee and some other goodies in this room.
In the last room, Kirby needs to head up a flight of broken escalators to reach one last set of lockers. These ones, however, are bolted to the wall, so when Kirby attempts to move them out of the way using Storage Mouth, he ends up taking the entire façade down with it, allowing him to escape the mall and rescue the last set of Waddle Dees to clear the stage.
Differences between difficulties
There do not appear to be any differences in the number of enemies in this stage between Spring-Breeze Mode and Wild Mode.
A Trip to Alivel Mall has five missions to complete, as follows:
- "Clear the stage" - Kirby must complete the stage.
- "Save the hidden Waddle Dees" - Kirby must find and rescue the four hidden Waddle Dees in silver cages. Their locations are as follows:
- Waddle Dee 1: This Waddle Dee can be found near the end of the first hall, up where the Poppy Bros. Jr. are raining down bombs. He is located in the lower-right portion of this area, guarded by a Gordo.
- Waddle Dee 2: This Waddle Dee can be found in a treasure chest in the third room, if Kirby took the correct route to get there. Kirby needs to head down the path marked by the hamburger sign in the second room.
- Waddle Dee 3: This Waddle Dee can be found in the fourth area, shortly after defeating Wild Frosty, in the spot with the four conveyor belts moving around a spike pit. Kirby needs to use the Ice ability to cool down some burning logs in the upper-left corner and then hit a switch behind them to open some barrier blocks. This reveals the caged Waddle Dee, who is ferried back and forth across the spike pit until Kirby saves him.
- Waddle Dee 4: This Waddle Dee can be found in a treasure chest in the sixth room, if Kirby took the correct route to get there. Kirby needs to head down the path marked by the second shortcake sign all the way back and to the left in the fifth room.
- "Eat 4 Doughnuts" - Kirby must find and eat all four doughnuts. Their locations are as follows:
- Doughnut 1: Can be found in the first area, on a table behind a set of boxes in the way.
- Doughnut 2: Can be found in the fourth area, in the square formation of conveyor belts with the spike pit in the middle. It can be made to appear by touching the glowing spot in the lower-right corner.
- Doughnut 3: Can be found in the sixth area after taking the correct path. Touching the glowing spot on the empty table toward the left end of the room makes it appear on a table further left.
- Doughnut 4: Can be found in the last area on a table above the gold cage, guarded by a Bernard.
- "Eat an Invincible Candy" - Kirby must find and eat the Invincible Candy in the first area of the stage. It can be found off to the right just before the hall with the Poppy Bros. Jr. raining bombs from high up.
- "Navigate the mall without getting lost" - This is awarded if Kirby chooses the correct path in both areas where there are false pathways. Hints to find the correct paths can be uncovered by tipping over lockers using Storage Mouth in their respective areas.
Enemies and Abilities
|Regular Enemies||Bosses & Mid-Bosses|
- From the beginning of this stage, if Kirby follows the Awoofy walking on the escalator without harming it, it will lead to a hidden blue Star Coin left to the first room's exit.
- Throughout the mall, there are celebratory signs which when decoded read "Anniversary sale", most likely referencing the Kirby 30th Anniversary.
Nintendo Switch Online profile icon background, depicting A Trip to Alivel Mall
100% walkthrough of A Trip to Alivel Mall.
Names in other languages
Ikō yo Araiburu Mōru
|Let's Go to Alivel Mall|
Yīqǐ Qù Āláibù'ěr Gòuwùzhòngxīn Ba
|Let's Go to Alivel Mall Together|
Yīqǐ Qù Āláibù'ěr Gòuwùzhòngxīn Ba
|Dutch||Uitstapje naar winkelcentrum Alivel||Trip to Alivel shopping center|
|French||Sortie au centre commercial Aviel||Trip to the Alivel shopping center|
|German||Ausflug ins Ambelen-Center||Trip into the Alivel Mall|
Ambelen is derived from "am Leben" (alive)
|Italian||Gita al centro commerciale Alivel||Trip to the Alivel shopping center|
|Korean||가자! 얼라이블 몰
Gaja! Eollaibeul Mol
|Let's Go! Alivel Mall|
|Spanish||Centro Comercial Alivel||Alivel Mall|