Soul of Sectonia
Soul of Sectonia is a secret boss from Kirby: Triple Deluxe, and makes her only appearance as the final boss of The True Arena in that game. She is the very last and the soul form of Queen Sectonia, having been created when she ate several Miracle Fruits to survive and return to power after being nearly obliterated by Kirby. Defeating her destroys her for good.
|Taranza's final words and offering can no longer reach her ears. The former queen has become a pitiable husk in the throes of madness after losing everything. She has consumed the world, and all she has left to cling to is her vanity.|
— VS Soul of Sectonia Special Page (Phase 1), Kirby: Triple Deluxe
The first phase is remarkably similar to the fight with Queen Sectonia's second form, and can be considered to be the unofficial DX form of that boss.
|She's fed off countless hosts and now cannot remember her true form. A voice called out to help her, but it has since fallen silent. Before the night ends, she must be given her eternal beauty sleep.|
— VS Soul of Sectonia Special Page (Phase 2), Kirby: Triple Deluxe
In the second phase, Soul of Sectonia rips herself from the Dreamstalk and attacks one more time with extremely souped-up powers which disorient the player and create enormous amounts of stage hazards and attacks from older soul form bosses in the process, such Marx's Shooter Cutter and Drawcia Soul's Deadly Bound/Sun. She can also summon Antlers like the original could. These antlers can be used against their queen. This is considered the true form of this boss.
Upon defeat, Soul of Sectonia bursts in an extremely flashy energy overload and is literally annihilated in an explosion. This marks the end of The True Arena.
Like Queen Sectonia, Soul of Sectonia Phase 1's theme is "Fatal Blooms in Moonlight", but Phase 2's theme is an alternative version of "The World to Win", with its sections arranged in a different order.
- The Japanese Special Page of VS Soul of Sectonia Phase 2 is told in the first-person narrative of Queen Sectonia herself.
- Interestingly, Void Soul is known as ソウル オブ ニル ("Soul of Void") in Japanese, which is opposite to Soul of Sectonia's Japanese name ("Sectonia Soul"). He also has some similar moves:
- In one, Void Soul can jump from the background into the stage similar to how Soul of Sectonia does in her ball tackle, although he splits up. Void Soul and his clones slam the stage one (two in Soul Melter EX) at a time during their assault, whereas she slams the stage multiple times like Void Termina's core does in Story Mode.
- In another, he can fire lasers like Soul of Sectonia does when she uses the laser attack, except Void Soul uses his eye as the "gun," whereas Soul of Sectonia uses portals.
- Void Soul can also unleash cutter blades like Soul of Sectonia does, although in Soul Melter EX, his final barrage more closely resembles Drawcia Soul's.
- Magolor Soul in the Extra Mode of Kirby's Return to Dream Land shares the same 999 HP with Soul of Sectonia's Phase 1 (Magolor Soul in The True Arena has 749 HP, which is 75% of the base HP like other bosses in The Arena and The True Arena.).
Names in other languages