Wild World - Stage 3
Wild World - Stage 3 is the third stage in Wild World. There are four Sun Stones and 3 Keychains in this stage. The Gold Keychain is one depicting U.F.O. Kirby.
The stage begins outside a creepy-looking haunted mansion. Kirby will need to find the Key to get inside, which is in one of the barrels.
Once inside, Kirby finds himself in a hall of mirrors after passing through a copy drop gate. The mirror will show things that are invisible on the main plane, and reveal things that aren't really there. At the end, another Key will need to be fished out of a barrel.
The door leads to a series of halls, where some of the floors will vanish under Kirby's feet, leading to a lower area.
The next room is another mirror section, though this one takes place in a much wider chamber. While there are many invisible things here, there is something more well-hidden still.
From there, Kirby enters a hall filled with suits of armor. After unlocking a door, Kirby can find the Miracle Fruit in a small room before proceeding. Some of the suits of armor ahead are possessed, but Kirby can easily deal with them using Hypernova. Another hall of armor suits waits ahead, but with much the same result.
In the next room, after dealing with an evil dinner plate, Kirby can find four doors painted in portraits. Only one of these doors is the real one, but if Kirby wants to find out which without guessing, he can shed some light on the situation by eating the curtains.
In the last room, Kirby has to contend with the King Phanta, who will possess all manner of objects. This done, he can enter the stage exit without further issue.
Sun Stone & Gold Keychain Guide
- Sun Stone 1 - In the halls of vanishing floors, Kirby can find a side-door under a floor to the left which leads to a room with a 3D Tilt Missile. Using this, Kirby can get this stone.
- Sun Stone 2 - In the second mirror room, a Key can be found on an invisible platform. Carrying this key to the right will allow Kirby to unlock a door and get this stone.
- Sun Stone 3 - In the second armor hall, Kirby can eat the Ace Phanta in here for this sun stone.
- Sun Stone 4 - After eating the window curtains, Kirby can inhale again to eat the window pane as well, allowing this sun stone to enter the room.
- Gold Keychain - Through the hidden doorway in the second mirror room, Kirby can collect this keychain from a treasure chest.
Enemies, Mid-Bosses and Abilities
- The Hypernova section, and particularly the fight with the Ace Phantas is likely a nod to Luigi's Mansion.
- In the background during the fight with King Phanta, portraits of both Magolor and Taranza can be seen.
- When the Ace Phanta possesses the grand piano, its appearance with ravenous teeth is a possible reference to the Mad Piano from Super Mario 64.
Magolor's portrait in the King Phanta room.
Taranza's portrait, in the same room as the previous one.