From WiKirby, your independent source of Kirby knowledge.
Old Odyssey - Stage 5 is the fifth stage in Old Odyssey. There are four Sun Stones and 4 Keychains in this stage. The Gold Keychain is one depicting Nightmare Wizard.
The stage begins on the icy slopes, as Kirby will have to deal with Waddle Dees on skis and a giant snowball being hurled at him.
In the next area, Kirby will have to fight Flame Galboros, then deal with a Fuse Cannon in the next room.
From here, more icy slopes must be traversed before the next Miracle Fruit appears on the path. Using Hypernova, Kirby will have to contend with icy clouds while building snowmen on the path upward.
In the last area, Kirby chases some Waddle Dees from structure to structure, then fights the Waddle Dee Steel Fortress at the end to reveal the stage exit.
Sun Stone & Gold Keychain Guide
- Sun Stone 1 - If Kirby can get into the Fuse Cannon and be sent flying, he will reach an area where this stone can be found buried in ice blocks. A fiery ability is needed to break in.
- Sun Stone 2 - On the second set of icy slopes, a Key Dee can be found in the background holding a Key. Kirby will have to catch up with the Key Dee to intercept it, then use the Key to unlock a gate just ahead where the stone can be found inside a Treasure Chest.
- Sun Stone 3 - At the end of the snowman path, Kirby can find a 'mama' and 'papa' snowman set with the heads separated. Matching the heads with the bodies will bring them to life, where they will then toss the stone and some Point Stars at Kirby.
- Sun Stone 4 - After inhaling the wooden house, Kirby can find this stone inside a Treasure Chest left behind.
- Gold Keychain - In the room with the long Fuse Cannon, this keychain can be found inside a Treasure Chest on the far right side of the area.
Enemies, Mid-Bosses and Abilities
- The final section of the stage is a reference to the classic children's tale of The Three Little Pigs. First, Kirby inhales a straw house with one Waddle Dee, who then runs away, then a log house with two Waddle Dees, which also run away. Finally, Kirby fights Waddle Dee Steel Fortress with three Waddle Dees.
Kirby gets in the way of Waddle Dees skiing on the slopes.
Kirby follows a giant snowball a little too close and gets grazed.
Kirby realizes he needed to light the Fuse before he got up here.
Kirby returns a snow child's head to its body.
Kirby reenacts a old tale.