|“||If you touch an ally immediately after healing yourself with a food item during a multiplayer game, you will perform a Face-to-Face and heal your friend as well.||”|
— Kirby's Return to Dream Land manual, page 8
|“||To restore a teammate's health, pick up a healing item and feed it to your teammate.||”|
— "Share healing items" Kirby Star Allies in-game tips
Face-to-Face (also called Item Share, Lending a helping hand and Feed Me) refers to the action of sharing a Food item with a teammate to restore their Health. This action is performable in every game in the series with partners, except for Kirby's Epic Yarn (as that game does not employ Stamina). In Kirby Star Allies, however, it is called sharing.
To perform a Face-to-Face, the character in question must first grab a Food item to restore their health as usual. Then, within a short time window, that character must get close to a partner who is not at full health. If done correctly, both will pause for a moment and face each-other, almost as if they were kissing, and the partner will restore health equal to the Food item that was used. This action can be performed in mid-air, as well as underwater.
Any food item can be used to perform a Face-to-Face, but prior to Kirby Star Allies, the effect does not stack with multiple food items consumed, instead using the last one consumed in the action. Additionally, multiple partners can be given a Face-to-Face using one food item, with no diminishing effect.
In the Team Kirby Clash games, Doctor Healmore's Science Lab move can produce a green potion which recovers health when used. This potion can be shared with other Kirbys using Face-to-Face.
Face-to-Face can be performed in the following games:
- Kirby Super Star / Kirby Super Star Ultra
- Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land
- Kirby & The Amazing Mirror
- Kirby's Return to Dream Land
- Kirby Fighters (Deluxe) (2)
- Team Kirby Clash (Deluxe) (Super)
- Kirby Star Allies
- Kirby and the Forgotten Land
Kirby: Planet Robobot
- Team Kirby Clash in-game tip: "Pick up some food and feed it to a teammate to restore his or her stamina!"
- Though Face-to-Face is meant to be sharing food mouth-to-mouth, it is often conflated with the two characters kissing each other. This idea is supported in Kirby Fighters Deluxe and Kirby Fighters 2, where the Face-to-Face text bubble says "Smooch!" in English and "チュ♥" (Chu♥) in Japanese.
- Adeleine covers herself slightly when being fed through Face-to-Face. According to the Kirby Star Allies Nintendo Switch Channel, she is shy about being fed, hence her reaction.
- Notably, in the multiplayer gameplay of Kirby and the Rainbow Curse, when one character picks up a food item, it is automatically applied to all other characters, healing them as if a Face-to-Face was performed.
- In Kirby Star Allies, if Face-to-Face is done to an ally who is brainwashed by certain bosses, it will damage the brainwashed ally instead.
Names in other languages