Water Gun is an attack that Kirby can use while underwater. If Kirby has the Sword, Parasol, Hammer, U.F.O, Metal, Spear, Bell, and Staff abilities, he cannot perform this attack underwater, but he use the ability underwater instead. However, he can only use this attack when none of the said abilities is obtained. This attack originated in Kirby's Adventure, and has featured in nearly every main series Kirby game since then. Water Gun is characterized by Kirby blowing jets of water and/or streams of bubbles out from his mouth at enemies to defeat them. While not the most powerful attack, it is an effective deterrent in much the same way that Air Bullets are. If Kirby has the Water ability, his water gun powers up into Enhanced Water Gun which attacks multiple targets than a normal Water Gun.
- 1 Game appearances
- 1.1 Kirby's Adventure / Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land
- 1.2 Kirby's Dream Land 2
- 1.3 Kirby Super Star / Kirby Super Star Ultra
- 1.4 Kirby's Dream Land 3
- 1.5 Kirby & The Amazing Mirror / Kirby: Squeak Squad
- 1.6 Kirby's Return to Dream Land
- 1.7 Kirby: Triple Deluxe / Kirby: Planet Robobot
- 1.8 Kirby Star Allies
- 2 Trivia
Kirby's Adventure / Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land
This was the first game to feature this attack. While underwater, Kirby can continuously fire a water jet from his mouth, which can be aimed in the four primary directions. Its range is about on par with the Needle ability, though it only aims in one direction at a time. Kirby cannot move and will slowly sink while executing this attack.
Kirby's Dream Land 2
In Kirby's Dream Land 2, the Water Gun returns, and is characterized as a stream of bubbles. Other than that, it functions the same as before, with the same range.
Kirby Super Star / Kirby Super Star Ultra
Water Gun takes a new form in Kirby Super Star. It is characterized as a single burst water projectile that fires in whatever direction Kirby is facing and travels for decent range, on par with the Cutter ability.
Kirby's Dream Land 3
Kirby's Water Gun in Kirby's Dream Land 3 functions much like it did in Kirby's Dream Land 2. Unfortunately, it is downgraded in the sense that it can't be re-aimed and can only be fired left or right. Its range is slightly better though, on par with Fire or Ice.
Kirby's Water Gun in this game also has the unique property of being able to deflect the objects that Acro will try to throw at him.
Kirby & The Amazing Mirror / Kirby: Squeak Squad
Kirby's Return to Dream Land
Water Gun in Kirby's Return to Dream Land functions much like it did in Kirby Super Star. Additionally, some Copy Abilities will alter its function:
- The Water ability powers it up, allowing it to strike multiple targets and reach further.
- The Ninja ability grants a stealth variety when used on the water's surface that fires upward out of the water.
Kirby is the only character who uses the Water Gun, as the other characters will use their weapons.
Kirby: Triple Deluxe / Kirby: Planet Robobot
Water Gun returns (with only a slight visual change) in Kirby: Triple Deluxe and Kirby: Planet Robobot with more or less the same functionality from its previous appearance in Kirby's Return to Dream Land. With the absence of the Water ability, only the Ninja variant is available in addition to the default.
Kirby Star Allies
In Kirby Star Allies, Water Gun still behaves like it did since Kirby's Return to Dream Land, but now it can be fired in 8 directions (including the four diagonal directions). The Water ability returns in this game along with its Enhanced Water Gun.
- In Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards, Kirby was able to inhale underwater, as opposed to using the Water Gun. This is the only game where he was able to do this without assistance from Kine or any other ability.
- Additionally, Kirby could use any ability underwater, though their range and speed are impeded.
- While the Water Gun is generally not usable in boss battles, it can be used to attack Gobbler and Void Soul underwater.