The following page lists every user rank on WiKirby, and also lists members of that rank where appropriate. Ranks are ordered in ascending order (except for those listed under "Other").
Generally speaking, users of lower ranks should defer to those of higher ranks when called to do so. This is usually not necessary, however, and users of differing ranks are free to treat each-other as equals in most cases.
The following ranks are not part of staff, and therefore, should not be approached to handle staff business:
Blocked users of any rank are not allowed to edit articles, and (unless permanently blocked) may only edit their talk pages. Blocked users must either wait out their block time (if appropriate) or have their block removed by an Administrator+.
Anonymous users are those who have not yet made an account on the wiki. In place of a user name, these users will be marked using the I.P. address used to make the edit. These users have the following privileges on the wiki:
- editing pages.
- editing talk pages.
Registered users who have either recently signed up to the wiki or have not made very many edits yet are referred to as unconfirmed. In addition to the above, these users have the following privileges on the wiki:
- voting in polls.
- having a talk page.
- creating talk pages.
Once an unconfirmed user has been registered for at least one (1) day and has made five (5) edits to any page, they will become autoconfirmed. In addition to the above, Autoconfirmed users have the following privileges:
- creating new content pages.
- uploading files.
- moving pages and files.
- creating a userpage.
- uploading up to 5 personal items to their userpage (details on this page).
- creating a custom user signature.
- editing without moderation.
Users in this category are trusted, and their edits do not need to be patrolled as a result. Additionally, users who have this rank and higher are allowed to vote on proposals, and move pages without a redirect. The qualifications for this rank are not high: all that's needed is a good editing spirit, and a user can obtain this within the first day of editing if they do particularly well.
The following ranks should be approached to handle staff business, but priority should be given to Administrators+ when they are available:
Patrollers are highly trusted users dedicated to making sure that every edit is of passable quality. As such, they receive special tools to assist them in checking each and every edit made to the wiki. Patrollers are recognizable by their magenta user names. In addition to above, Patrollers have the following powers:
- mark others' edits as patrolled.
- rollback all edits of a page by a single user to the last revision by the previous user.
- mark articles as "Good" in accordance with WiKirby's featured content policy.
Moderators are senior Patrollers who have the power to moderate incoming edits from anonymous and new users. They also have the authority to settle disputes between users of Patroller standing and below. Moderators are recognizable by their orange user names.
Administrators are the first rank of truly powerful editors of WiKirby. They are responsible for maintaining content on the wiki, including the main page, project pages, archives, and help pages. Administrators are also responsible for overseeing polls and settling disputes between users when necessary. All members of higher ranks are also administrators. Administrators can be recognized by their cyan user names.
Abilities of an administrator
- Protect/unprotect pages: They can lock a page from editing if it is the subject of controversy and edit wars, or if it repeatedly vandalized. User pages are generally not protected barring special conditions.
- Delete/undelete pages: They have the ability to delete pages in accordance with the deletion policy. Pages are usually not deleted unless they have no relevance.
- Block/unblock users: If a user is deemed to be a vandal or is repeatedly creating conflicts and problems, an administrator can block the user to prevent them from editing. Most blocks are temporary and depend on the length of the offense. For specific policy, see the block policy page.
- Hide revisions of a page which are inappropriate: Sometimes, vandals insert swears into articles or create other problems that are inappropriate for viewing. Administrators have the ability to hide these revisions in the history of the page.
- Change user rights: Administrators have the ability to grant higher ranks to users up to Patroller. Promotions to Patroller should be verified by Bureaucrats.
Bureaucrats can be considered the heads of the wiki. They can be recognized by their pink user names. Although there is not much to distinguish them from administrators, they have the following additional powers and responsibilities:
- the ability to rename and delete users from the wiki.
- the power to review administrator actions if need be.
- the power to assign any rank to a user, including Bureaucrat.
Among administrators+, one is appointed as the Editor-in-Chief, and another as the Assistant Editor-in-Chief via popular poll. The Editor-in-Chief can be considered the head of the entire wiki operation, and they are responsible for defining and enforcing wiki policy, and as such, other Bureaucrats must defer to them when regarding such matters. The Assistant Editor-in-Chief is the second in command, and has similar responsibilities to the Editor-in-Chief, and is expected to fill in when the Editor-in-Chief is not available, as well as help them as needed.
|Gigi||Editor-in-Chief, Bureaucrat, and Administrator||Active|
|Pinkyoshifan||Assistant Editor-in-Chief, Bureaucrat, and Administrator||Active|
|Samwell||Bureaucrat and Administrator||Active|
|Vellidragon||Bureaucrat and Administrator||Inactive|
|YoshiFlutterJump||Bureaucrat and Administrator||Inactive|
Other ranks that are not part of the hierarchy include the following:
- Automoderated User - This rank allows users to edit without having to pass through the moderation queue. This rank is/should be granted to all autoconfirmed users. If for some reason an autoconfirmed+ user does not have this rank, they should contact an Administrator+ to get that resolved.
- Bot - These are not human users, instead existing to perform some automated function on the wiki.
- Check user - This rank allows users to track down the accounts of spammers and/or vandals when necessary.
- Interface administrator - This rank grants a user the right to edit MediaWiki-prefix pages in order to adjust the hard coding on the site.
- System Admin - This rank is for the user who is primarily responsible for keeping WiKirby afloat. The System Admin is not necessarily part of the wiki staff, but should still be deferred to when appropriate.
The following users are no longer part of staff, usually due to inactivity. Users in this table are free to return to staff if they so choose unless otherwise noted:
|Adam||Bureaucrat and Administrator||Inactive (formerly behind the scenes tech work)|
|Axiomist||Bureaucrat and Administrator, former wiki owner||Passed away|
|Former Patroller||Patroller||Blocked (not allowed to return to staff position)|
|Results May Vary||Administrator||Blocked (not allowed to return to staff position)|
|Tacopill||Bureaucrat, Administrator, and former Webspace owner||Retired|
|Tucayo||Ambassador of Mario Wiki||Inactive|