From WiKirby, your independent source of Kirby knowledge.
Waiu is a Mid-Boss only found in Kirby's Dream Land 2.
Waiu resembles a ninja in a purple outfit, but the Ninja ability did not exist back in Kirby's Dream Land 2, so he provides the Cutter ability instead when swallowed.
Kirby's Dream Land 2
Waiu appears in the following stages:
Waiu has four attacks, utilizing his ninjutsu skills:
- He throws boomerang cutters which can be inhaled and spat back, but only after they've hit the wall.
- He vanishes, creating an illusion of himself shimmering in the air before landing.
- He stomps to throw smoke bombs which bounce three times on the ground and then rise into the air. They cannot be inhaled, however. This attack is ususally used right after vanishing.
- He performs rising kicks at close range.
Of all the Mid-Bosses in Dream Land 2, Waiu has the most intricate attacks.
Kirby Star Allies
- Main article: Adeleine#Kirby Star Allies
While himself not appearing in Kirby Star Allies, Waiu, along with Kracko and Ice Dragon, can be painted by Adeleine & Ribbon the Dream Friend's move - Ado's Painter.
The Waiu replica can use all of his moves from Kirby's Dream Land 2 except the rising kick. Like the paint Kracko and Ice Dragon, the Waiu replica only has 1 HP and can be destroyed by one hit. In addition, the Waiu replica cannot jump infinitely or hover at all.
Names in other languages