|“||Gather coins while fleeing a ghost!||”|
— Collection Lists description of Coin Clash.
Coin Clash is one of the ten Battle types in Kirby Battle Royale. It pits contestants in teams or in free-for-all in a room in a haunted mansion, where the goal is to collect as many coins as possible while avoiding being haunted by Ghosts.
Rules and gameplay
Contestants are placed in a room which may contain side-passages, steps, fences, pits, or hatches. During the round, coins appear in the room, which the contestants can collect. Additionally, every now and then, one of the hatches opens to reveal a treasure pot, which the contestants can attack to get more coins. One last way to get coins is to attack rivals, causing them to drop some of their coins.
Shortly into the round, one or more Ghosts appear. These roam the arena, searching for a contestant to possess. Once they've gotten one, that contestant has to quickly run and catch another contestant to transfer the ghost to the opponent. Whoever is currently being possessed will continuously lose coins until they pass the ghost to someone else.
Like most other battle modes, contestants have health, and losing all of it will cause them to be KO'd and temporarily removed from the arena.
There are four stages available for Coin Clash. They are as follows:
The following Battle Bonuses can be awarded in Single Player or local Multiplayer Battle Mode:
- Coin-Grabbing VIP: The one who took the most coins away from rivals!
- Coin Guardian: Kept coins from being stolen the longest!
- Ghost Dodger: Turned into a ghost the least!
- Treasure Hunter: Got the most coins from treasure!
- Both the ghosts and the stages have a pirate-like feel to them.
- As a contestant collects more coins, the pouch on their back becomes larger and larger. This is a clear sign to other contestants who has the most coins.
- Additionally, the more coins a contestant has, the more they lose if hit.
- Taranza can be spotted in the audience on the right side of the Party Room stage.
Names in other languages
|European French||Chasse au trésor||Treasure hunt|