|Fight head-on using many abilities! The last one standing is the victor!|
— Collection Lists description of Battle Arena.
Battle Arena is one of the ten Battle types in Kirby Battle Royale. It is the most basic of the game-modes, where contestants must KO all of their opponents in a simple circle-shaped arena. The last contestant (or team) standing wins.
Rules and gameplay
Battles can be played either Solo (free for all) or on Teams. Contestants are tasked with defeating their opponents in straight-up combat, by attacking them with their various Copy Ability moves until their stamina is depleted.
When a contestant runs out of health, they are knocked into the ground, and cannot fight further. However, if the match as a whole is still undecided, that defeated contestant can mash out of the ground, and rejoin the fray with a fraction of their original stamina. If they are knocked out again, however, it will take longer to mash out than previously.
Once a single contestant (or team) is left undefeated, the game is over, with the undefeated contestant(s) declared the winner.
In Dedede's Cake Royale, there are a small number of special fights, including 1v1 battles, and a 1v3 battle near the end.
There are two stages available for Battle Arena, though they differ only in their aesthetics. They are as follows:
A stony grey arena with mainly purple hues, and torches adorning the walls.
This stage is available only in Dedede's Cake Royale.
A lavishly decorated arena, with a polished stone floor in many bright colors and flags and drapes adorning the walls and rafters.
The following Battle Bonuses can be awarded in Single Player or local Multiplayer Battle Mode:
- Charge Attack Captain - Performed the most charge attacks!
- Damage Dealer - Dealt the most damage!
- KO Chief - Knocked out the most opponents!
- KO Speedster - First to knock out an opponent!
- Battle Arena is one of three games (the others being Apple Scramble and Crazy Theater) which are available in the demo version of Battle Royale.
- If a battle starts to drag on too long, bundles of Timed Dynamite start dropping into the arena. It starts one at a time, then two, and so on until a victor is decided.
Names in other languages