|“||Slam the puck into your opponents and send them flying!||”|
— Collection Lists description of Slam Hockey.
Slam Hockey is one of the ten Battle types in Kirby Battle Royale. Contestants are placed on a glass rink with a giant puck, with the goal being to slam the puck into each-other to score.
Rules and gameplay
|“||So, I went to see Slam Hockey! And I saw something fly into the sky at incredible speed!||”|
— Waddle Dee in Kirby Battle Royale
Four contestants and a large puck are placed in a rectangular arena. To score a point, a contestant must strike or toss the puck at one of his rivals to knock them out of the arena. When the puck is struck or tossed, it will move very quickly and ricochet off walls, gaining a light streak that represents the color of the contestant who hit it. It cannot be interrupted until this streak goes away. After enough time has passed, a roulette will appear, selecting a random contestant. The selected contestant will then be worth 3 points if they are knocked out instead of one as usual. Once the target contestant is knocked out, the roulette will select a different one.
In addition to striking the puck, contestants can also attack each-other. They have health, and can be KO'd as usual, but this does not score a point.
There are three stages for Slam Hockey. They are as follows:
The following Battle Bonuses can be awarded in Single Player or local Multiplayer Battle Mode:
- Bonus Striker: Hit the most bonus targets with discs!
- Puck Dancer: Got hit by a puck the least!
- Super Catcher: Caught the most flying pucks!
- Many areas from across the Kirby series can be seen in the background of Obstacle Arena, including Dream Land as it appears in Kirby Super Star (with Mt. Dedede and the Dreamstalk placed to the left of Peanut Plains), the Rainbow Islands from Kirby's Dream Land 2, the five areas of Pop Star from Kirby's Dream Land 3, and Raisin Ruins and White Wafers from Kirby's Return to Dream Land.
- The Animal Friends from Kirby's Dream Land 2 also cameo in the audience in various stages, with Rick on the left side in the Normal Arena, Coo on the left side in the Obstacle Arena, and Kine on the right side in the Stretch Arena.
- This battle mode is the least featured in Dedede's Cake Royale, with only two League Battles devoted to it.
- Contestants who get slammed by the puck are not healed when they return to the arena.
Names in other languages
|European French||Hockey déchaîné||Hyper Hockey|
|Italian||Sfida a hockey||Hockey challenge|
|European Spanish||Hockey a golpes||Slam Hockey|