|Load your rocket with fuel before blasting off into the heavens!|
— Collection Lists description of Rocket Rumble.
Rocket Rumble is one of the ten Battle types in Kirby Battle Royale. It places contestants in a circular arena with rockets in each corner belonging to each fighter, with the goal being to get the most fuel, then fly the highest.
Rules and gameplay
|The explosion when you attack a rocket in Rocket Rumble... The sound of that would blast me out of a deep sleep!|
— Waddle Dee in Kirby Battle Royale
Contestants can play this battle solo, or as a team. Each contestant is in charge of a rocket, which occupies each corner of an arena with no obstacles. As the round progresses, Moto Shotzos will shoot cubes of fuel, which the contestants must carry back to their rockets. Green cubes are worth one point of altitude each, while the larger Mega Fuel cubes are worth 5. Meanwhile, contestants can attack their opponents to slow them down, or attack rival rockets to steal fuel from them. A timed bomb will occasionally fall into the arena, its blast knocking out a lot of fuel if placed near a rocket, and also capable of blasting contestants out of the arena momentarily. There are two varieties of timed bomb, with the second being much more potent.
Once time begins to run out, contestants will be prompted to enter their rockets. Any contestant that fails to do so will get left behind. In team games, when the rockets take flight, the rockets of each team member will merge into one and use their combined fuel.
Once the rocket runs out of fuel, it transforms into a cloud platform that marks the altitude.
There is only one stage variant for this battle mode, called Space Center.
The following Battle Bonuses can be awarded in Single Player or local Multiplayer Battle Mode:
- Fuel Thief - Got the most fuel from rivals' rockets!
- Mega Fueler - Got the most Mega Fuel!
- Nick-of-Time Pilot - Last to board a rocket!
- Timer Bomber - Hit rivals' rockets with the most timer bombs!
- At various levels during the rocket's flight, certain spaceships can be seen, including a Waddle Dee ship.
- The maximum altitude that can be reached is 50. This entails getting all of the fuel cubes that appear.
- Susie can be seen watching the match from behind one of the windows.
Names in other languages
Fly! Rocket Race
|Tobase! Roketto Rēsu|