It's easy—just head on over to our Help & Policy section and then find a page to get started.
Not sure where to begin? Check out our maintenance page. If you have any additional questions, contact an administrator+.
Please keep in mind that in order to create new pages (including your user page) and upload files, you must create an account, wait one day, and make 5 edits to pages first. Doing this will also allow you to edit without being moderated!
Have fun and thanks for visiting!
Gooey is one of Kirby's friends who appears primarily in Kirby's Dream Land 3, though he was first introduced in Kirby's Dream Land 2. He is a blue (sometimes purple or black) blob with a face and a long tongue. While he does not have any additional limbs, he can use his tongue to grab onto things, and stretch parts of his "body" to use as makeshift limbs when necessary. Gooey is the same species as Dark Matter, but unlike most Dark Matter, he has a friendly personality and no ill will. His appearance in Kirby Star Allies indicates that, though he is capable of speech, he knows little about himself or his identity.
Like Kirby, he can use Copy Abilities, but uses his tongue to grab enemies rather than inhaling them. Besides this, he has all of the same abilities as Kirby. In certain circumstances, he can also fly by becoming Mock Matter, which gives him orange petals more similar to the rest of his species. He originally appeared as a non-playable character in Kirby's Dream Land 2, but he is playable in Kirby's Dream Land 3 using a second controller, otherwise appearing as a CPU-controlled companion. Apart from this, he appears in Kirby Star Allies as a Dream Friend, and Kirby Fighters 2 as a Buddy, while making other smaller appearances elsewhere in the Kirby series. He has also made a few minor appearances in the Super Smash Bros. series.
Prior to Gooey's name being officially recognized in the west, he was generically referred to as a blob character, and in the non-Japanese versions of Kirby's Dream Land 2, he has a female counterpart known as the Girl blob.
I agree as well. This is a nice, colourful image showing some main characters and giving a taste of the equally colourful and somewhat whimsical environments Kirby games are famous for. Would be nice if it were bigger, though.--Vellidragon 10:57, 3 July 2012 (CDT)
- ...the Kirby Star Allies stage Extra Planet α borrows its first area's concept from Floria in Milky Way Wishes?
- ...the flower enemy Lovely is able to survive underwater?
- ...Kirby does not have teeth or a skeleton, but King Dedede and Escargoon do?
- ...the anime-exclusive characters Escargoon, Chef Shiitake, Max Flexer, and the N.M.E. Sales Guy cameo in Kirby Mass Attack's Sub-Games?
- ...Kine has a crush on Tiff in the anime series, but in the games, he has a wife named Mine?
- March 25th, 2023 - WiKirby just reached 4,000 articles, with Road to Victory being the 4,000th one! Thanks for your continued support; WiKirby wouldn't be here today without you all! Let's celebrate with a delicious picnic!
- March 16th, 2023 - Heads up, WiKirbians! Just a friendly reminder that on March 27th, 2023, Nintendo plans to completely shut down the eShops for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS. There were a lot of great Kirby games on offer for both of those devices, whether made for the systems or on Virtual Console, so if you were looking to get your hands on any of those games, now would be the time to do it. Don't let the chance to legally own and play Kirby's Blowout Blast slip you by for the rest of eternity! That would be a darned shame...
- March 2nd, 2023 - New NIWA Member: Kovopedia, the go-to encyclopedia about the wonderous world of Magical Vacation, has swung down from the stars and made its place in the Nintendo Independent Wiki Alliance! Visit them to rejuvenate your spirit!
- February 8th, 2023 - Prepare to bow, WiKirby! Welcome your new overlord! In today's Nintendo Direct, a new Extra Game for Kirby's Return to Dream Land Deluxe was revealed, called Magolor Epilogue: The Interdimensional Traveler! In it, you will play as Magolor and regain his lost powers in order to return home. In addition, a number of classic Kirby games were announced to appear with the new Nintendo Switch Online Game Boy/Game Boy Color and Game Boy Advance services. Lastly, a demo of Kirby's Return to Dream Land Deluxe is set to release later today!
- February 8th, 2023 - The Russian wiki referendum has concluded! Russian WiKirby will proceed in the same webspace as English WiKirby! We look forward to their first articles!
- January 24th, 2023 - Эй, Эй, Эй! There's a referendum going on about potentially adding a Russian language version of WiKirby! Please go to the referendum page and vote on it in the corresponding talk page before the end of February 7th, 2023! Also, it's WiKirby's 13th anniversary! Let's celebrate with a Car-Mouth Cake!
- January 19th, 2023 - New NIWA Member: Take heart! Kingdom Hearts Wiki has formally entered the Nintendo Independent Wiki Alliance! Be sure to visit if you wish to unlock the secrets of the franchise!
- January 11th, 2023 - Heads up, Dream Landers! There's been a tidal wave of new information about the upcoming Kirby's Return to Dream Land Deluxe, including a new Copy Ability called Sand and the return of Festival! Other new information includes more sub-games and a new area called Merry Magoland. All this information is being added to the wiki as quickly as we can!
Submit more Kirby related videos here
NIWA is a family of open-content encyclopedias based on Nintendo franchises, vowing to be now and forever independent!
Other Nintendo franchise wikis are welcome; please visit the NIWA website for more information!
NIWA also has a Discord server that you can join by clicking here.
- - Kingdom Hearts Wiki
- - Kovopedia
- - Lylat Wiki
- - Metroid Wiki
- - NintendoWiki
- - Nookipedia
- - Pikipedia
- - Pikmin Fanon
- - SmashWiki
- - Starfy Wiki
- - StrategyWiki
- - Super Mario Wiki
- - Ukikipedia
- - Wapopedia
- - Wars Wiki
- - WikiBound
- - Xeno Series Wiki
- - Zelda Wiki
- - Mozilla Firefox is WiKirby's recommended web browser. It allows you to download extensions which can make your wiki experience much more efficient. Download the latest version here.
- - GNU Image Manipulation Program (GIMP) is a highly useful image editing software. It may seem complex at first, but it is a robust toolkit that allows you to clean and crop images like a pro. Download the latest version here.
- - Paint.NET is another very useful image editing software with features similar to GIMP, though not quite as bulky or dense. Paint.NET runs very quickly, and lets you get images cropped or otherwise fixed up in seconds. Download the latest version here.
- PNGGauntlet for Windows, ImageOptim for Mac, and Trimage for Linux are programs that allow you to convert and optimize images with ease. This saves space on the wiki and makes things easier for other editors. See more details at their respective web links.
- - Discord is a free, real-time chat service. WiKirby has its own Discord server which is used by our editors to communicate with each other, and for users to talk and share news, Kirby-related or otherwise. You can join by following this link: Shiver Star - WiKirby Discord. Please note that our Discord server has its own rules and policies; more information can be found here.