From WiKirby, your independent source of Kirby knowledge.Jump to navigationJump to search
Welcome to WiKirby!
currently with 3,214
articles and counting!
Welcome to WiKirby!|
This is a free encyclopedia that anyone can edit.
About the Kirby series
Since 2010, WiKirby has been striving to be the best resource for Kirby information on the internet. And you can help us! It's easy - just create an account and head on over to our Help & Policy section to get you started.
Not sure where to begin? Check out articles that need more content or the wanted pages.
Have fun and thanks for visiting!
Please keep in mind that once you have an account, you must wait one day and make 5 edits to pages before you can create a new page! This includes your user page.
New & Upcoming Kirby Games
Super Kirby Clash is a free-to-start spin-off game in the Kirby series released for the Nintendo Switch on September 4th, 2019 in all regions. It can be considered to be a sequel to Team Kirby Clash Deluxe, which was itself an expanded version of the Kirby: Planet Robobot Sub-Game Team Kirby Clash. Super Kirby Clash is exclusively downloadable from the Nintendo eShop and as such, no physical copy of the game exists.
Like its two predecessors, Super Kirby Clash is centered around battles with monsters in a role-playing game setting, with four different roles to switch between. Each role has specific strengths and weaknesses, and is based off of a Copy Ability from the main series. Each role can also utilize different equipment which can be purchased from an in-game store using currency that can be purchased using real-world currency via in-game micro-transactions. This in-game currency is also used to unlock subsequent fights with enemies, along with other purposes.
(Do you want to showcase an article you worked on?)
- September 10th, 2019 - Local editor Results May Vary has just been promoted to administrator! Be sure to give him your cheers!
- September 8th, 2019 - Heads-up! A referendum is being held to determine changes to WiKirby's policy! If you want to discuss potential changes, head over to this page to find out how! This referendum will end after the 22nd of September, so get a move-on!
- On the 6th of September, 2019, Fubaka was elected Editor-in-Chief.
- September 4th, 2019 - During the Nintendo Direct, a surprise sequel to Team Kirby Clash Deluxe was announced for release later today! The game is called Super Kirby Clash! Coverage forthcoming!
- September 4th, 2019 - HAL Laboratory is hiring new developers for the Kirby series! This can only mean one thing...a new game must be in the works! Full details can be found (in Japanese) at this link.
- August 7th, 2019 - Monobook is the new default skin and voting is open for the election.
- August 3rd, 2019 - With the Wiki growing, we have two crucial things going on we would like community discussion on:
- Which skin will be the new default for the wiki?
- We are holding an election for an Editor-in-Chief position! (Details on what the position is and what they do is here).
- April 27th, 2019 - Happy Birthday Kirby! Today is your 27th! Let's celebrate with some tomatoes and cake! Featured on the front page for the next week will be the official 27th anniversary illustration released by HAL Laboratory on the Kirby JP Twitter!
This artwork depicts Kirby equipped with the Ice ability from the manual for Kirby Super Star Ultra. This particular clip comes from Kirby Portal's Copy Ability pages.
Now that we have an official copy of this image, we can go forward with the featuring. I will do so tomorrow. --Fubaka (talk) 19:01, 3 August 2019 (UTC)
(Have you voted for the next Featured Picture yet?)
Did you know that...
|N.I.W.A. is a family of open-content encyclopedias based on Nintendo franchises, vowing to be now and forever independent!
|Other Nintendo franchise wikis are welcome; please visit the N.I.W.A. forums to suggest candidate wikis!
|WiKirby's Portal to Recommended Downloads
WiKirby wants to share some useful tools for wiki working. Feel free to suggest anything we may have missed. If you aren't currently using any of these, we recommend looking into them at the very least. All are free of cost, easy to install, and even easier to uninstall if desired.
- - Mozilla Firefox offers a few extensions which can make your wiki experience much more efficient. Download the latest version here
- - GNU Image Manipulation Program (GIMP) is a highly useful image editing software, seemingly complex at first but after a few trials, images can be cleaned, transparent, and cropped easily. Download the latest version here
- - Paint.NET is another very useful image editing software, with features similar to Photoshop, though not quite as bulky or dense. Paint.NET runs very quickly, and can have images cropped or otherwise fixed up in seconds. Download the latest version here
- WikED- Arguably the most useful wiki editing software in existence. Edit views will highlight templates, coding, images, references, and other text for easier edit mode viewing. Can do text replace, WYSIWYG editor, table creations, proofreading at the touch of a button, and much much more! Download the latest version here
- - Discord is a free chat service which is used by several of our admins to communicate with editors and for users to talk with each-other and share news, Kirby-related or otherwise. We have a special channel which you can join by following this link: Shiver Star - WiKirby Discord. Read more here.