From WiKirby, your independent source of Kirby knowledge.Jump to navigationJump to search
Since 2010, WiKirby
has been striving to be the best resource for Kirby information on the internet. And you can help us!
It's easy - just head on over to our Help & Policy section
and then find a page to get started.
Not sure where to begin? Check out our maintenance page.
Have fun and thanks for visiting!
Please keep in mind that in order to create new pages (including your user page) and upload files, you must create an account, wait one day, and make 5 edits to pages first!
New and Upcoming Kirby Games
Kirby's Block Ball is a spin-off puzzle game in the Kirby series released on the Game Boy in 1995 in Japan and overseas in 1996. It was released again on the Nintendo 3DS Virtual Console in 2011 for Japan and 2012 overseas. Kirby's Block Ball is based on Breakout, with Kirby serving as the ball and the player controlling the paddles for the most part. The game takes place over eleven distinct stages, each of which are broken up into separate rounds.
Like most of the other puzzles spin-off titles of this era, the game has a distinctive Kirby spin to the genre it is based on. In addition to breaking blocks, Kirby must also contend with enemies, bosses, and special items and powerups. He can also utilize a limited number of copy abilities to clear through blocks more efficiently and deal extra damage to foes. Finally, there are a number of Sub-Games which can be accessed as bonus material, and there is a False Ending if the player does not satisfy a certain score threshold in each stage.
- January 15th, 2021 - Join in the debate! Go see WiKirby talk:Abbreviations and vote on whether you believe KSuS or KSS should become the standardized abbreviation for Kirby Super Star in filenames.
- January 11th, 2021 - The Favicon referendum has been concluded, and a new favicon has been chosen for our wiki!
- December 27th, 2020 - Heads up! A referendum is being held regarding what WiKirby's favicon should be going forward!
Head to this page to learn the details and vote on your favorite candidate before the 10th of January, 2021!
- December 22nd, 2020 - WiKirby has formally established an affiliation with Mizuumi Wiki! Head over there for competitive-oriented coverage of niche fighting games, including Kirby Fighters 2!
- September 23rd, 2020 - GET IT! Kirby Fighters 2 has been announced and subsequently released for the Nintendo Switch! Coverage is forthcoming, so hold on to your Copy Ability hats!
- August 31st, 2020 - Our logo referendum has ended, and WiKirby now has a brand new shiny logo courtesy of StrawberryChan! Expect the logo to be updated within the next 24 hours! Also, user Gigi has been promoted to administrator! Everyone get out the cakes and Invincible Candy!
This artwork was made for the Japanese cover for Kirby's Pinball Land. It depicts a ball-shaped Kirby held up by a Parasol-wielding big Kirby in a pinball board featuring a mish-mash of various other enemies and elements from the various Pinball Lands. These include Mr. Shine & Mr. Bright, Kabu, Twister, Gordo, Bronto Burt, Chilly, Bounder, Mr. Frosty three Scarfies, and representations of King Dedede, Poppy Bros. Sr., Kracko, and Whispy Woods.
I like this! Pinball Land has always been fun, and it's a cute classic image. osbuns
) 02:23, 28 November 2019 (UTC)
Today's video features the Wham Bam Jewel boss battle in Kirby Super Star Ultra!
Check back daily for new videos.
Did you know that...
NIWA is a family of open-content encyclopedias based on Nintendo franchises, vowing to be now and forever independent!
|Other Nintendo franchise wikis are welcome; please visit the NIWA forums to suggest candidate wikis!
We at WiKirby would like to share some tools that make your wiki-editing life easier. If you aren't currently using any of these, we recommend looking into them. All are free of charge, and easy to install or uninstall if desired.
- - Mozilla Firefox is WiKirby's recommended web browser. It allows you to download extensions which can make your wiki experience much more efficient. Download the latest version here.
- - GreaseMonkey is a Firefox extension that allows you to run custom scripts on websites, adding helpful tools or otherwise customizing them to your liking. Download the latest version here.
- WikED is an easy-to-use piece of wiki-editing software that puts everything at your fingertips. In edit mode, the software will highlight templates, coding, images, references, and other text for your convenience. It can also replace text, show your edits in real time, create tables, spellcheck, and more, all at the touch of a button. Download the latest version here.
- - GNU Image Manipulation Program (GIMP) is a highly useful image editing software. It may seem complex at first, but it is a robust toolkit that allows you to clean and crop images like a pro. Download the latest version here.
- - Paint.NET is another very useful image editing software with features similar to GIMP, though not quite as bulky or dense. Paint.NET runs very quickly, and lets you get images cropped or otherwise fixed up in seconds. Download the latest version here.
- - Discord is a free chat service which is used by several of our admins to communicate with editors, and for users to talk with each other and share news, Kirby-related or otherwise. We have a special channel which you can join by following this link: Shiver Star - WiKirby Discord. Read more here.