From WiKirby, your independent source of Kirby knowledge.Jump to navigationJump to search
Welcome to WiKirby!|
This is a free encyclopedia that anyone can edit.
About the Kirby series
Since 2010, WiKirby has been striving to be the best resource for Kirby information on the internet. And you can help us! It's easy - just head on over to our Help & Policy section and then find a page to get started.
Not sure where to begin? Check out our maintenance page.
Have fun and thanks for visiting!
Please keep in mind that in order to create new pages (including your user page) and upload files, you must create an account, wait one day, and make 5 edits to pages first!
New & Upcoming Kirby Games
Un-Reality TV is the sixth episode of the Kirby: Right Back at Ya! series. In this episode, King Dedede and Escargoon set up a television broadcast and studio set called Channel DDD and install television sets in every home in Cappy Town with the intent of using the programming to control the minds of the townsfolk. Using this, they nearly succeed in turning the town against Kirby using the threat of a fake monster, but Tiff manages to foil their plan with Meta Knight's help by crashing the set during one of their broadcasts.
This episode marks the debut of Captain Waddle Doo and Gengu, and Channel DDD within the narrative.
(Do you want to showcase an article you worked on?)
- March 23rd, 2020 - Hello all! It's time to elect a new Editor in Chief. Thanks to Fubaka (Talk) for all your work.
- February 22nd, 2020 - The proposal regarding the requirements for featured articles has passed unanimously! Candidates for featured articles are no longer required to have two paragraphs or more in their opening abstract! That means articles that are necessarily relatively light in their openings no longer need to be barred from featurement!
- February 7th, 2020 - Heads up! A new proposal has been made regarding the guidelines for featuring articles. Head to the proposals page to cast your vote before the 21st of February!
- February 2nd, 2020 - Due to WiKirby's growing community, a formal proposals page has been created and added to the sidebar! If you have any suggestions or ideas to change how WiKirby operates, go and make a proposal there! Make sure to read the rules carefully, though.
- January 25th, 2020 - Local editor YoshiFlutterJump has just been promoted to administrator! Make sure to give him your best Face-to-Face!
- January 24th, 2020 - Happy Birthday, WiKirby! Today is WiKirby's tenth anniversary! A big thank you to everyone who helped WiKirby stick around this long! We will continue to work toward making WiKirby the best wiki it can be. Look forward to the 4000 page milestone, because it is coming!
- December 8th, 2019 - The image resolution referendum has concluded! Option 2 is the winner, which means that upscaled images will be allowed on the wiki for general use, so long as they are not mistaken for vanilla screenshots or sprites, and native resolution images will still be preferred for all front-line content. Thanks to everyone who voted! The image standards will shortly be updated to reflect this recent decision.
- November 10th, 2019 - Heads up! A referendum is taking place regarding how WiKirby should handle upscaled screenshots! If you want to help vote on the issue, go to this referendum page and cast a vote! The referendum ends after December 7th, 2019!
- October 5th, 2019 - A new feature has been added to the wiki! Articles and files can now be marked as "Good" and given a special icon representing them as such. This new feature has been tied in to the revised featured content policy, and details can be found on that page.
This image is a landscape shot of Dream Land as seen in the opening cut-scene for the Story Mode of Kirby Star Allies. It is one of the few establishing shots of Dream Land which has no other entities, objects, or characters in it.
"Sweet of you to want to feature a screenshot I uploaded. I would not have considered nominating this myself, but I don't see why it can't be featured." --Fubaka (talk) 04:11, 24 February 2020 (UTC)
(Have you voted for the next Featured Picture yet?)
Did you know that...
|N.I.W.A. is a family of open-content encyclopedias based on Nintendo franchises, vowing to be now and forever independent!
|Other Nintendo franchise wikis are welcome; please visit the N.I.W.A. forums to suggest candidate wikis!
|WiKirby's Portal to Recommended Downloads
WiKirby wants to share some useful tools for wiki working. Feel free to suggest anything we may have missed. If you aren't currently using any of these, we recommend looking into them at the very least. All are free of cost, easy to install, and even easier to uninstall if desired.
- - Mozilla Firefox offers a few extensions which can make your wiki experience much more efficient. Download the latest version here
- - GNU Image Manipulation Program (GIMP) is a highly useful image editing software, seemingly complex at first but after a few trials, images can be cleaned, transparent, and cropped easily. Download the latest version here
- - Paint.NET is another very useful image editing software, with features similar to Photoshop, though not quite as bulky or dense. Paint.NET runs very quickly, and can have images cropped or otherwise fixed up in seconds. Download the latest version here
- WikED- Arguably the most useful wiki editing software in existence. Edit views will highlight templates, coding, images, references, and other text for easier edit mode viewing. Can do text replace, WYSIWYG editor, table creations, proofreading at the touch of a button, and much much more! Download the latest version here
- - Discord is a free chat service which is used by several of our admins to communicate with editors and for users to talk with each-other and share news, Kirby-related or otherwise. We have a special channel which you can join by following this link: Shiver Star - WiKirby Discord. Read more here.