There are several Moons in the Kirby series, and more than one hang around Pop Star at any given moment. Aside from being typical astral bodies, the various moons serve as either backdrops, or locations that Kirby and other characters visit.
- Mr. Shine is a moon, but also jumps down to the ground to fight Kirby alongside Mr. Bright, who acts as the Sun. Kirby fights these two menaces in several games in the series.
- A large moon serves as the battleground where Kirby fights Nightmare at the end of Kirby's Adventure/Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land. After this fight concludes, a large part of the moon is destroyed, making it permanently crescent-shaped. This moon can be seen a few times afterward, such as in the opening cut-scene of Kirby: Triple Deluxe.
- During the events of Milky Way Wishes, Kirby has to stop the Sun and Moon from fighting. It is unclear if the moon in this case is Mr. Shine, or a completely different moon altogether.
- Also in Milky Way Wishes, Kirby visits a planet called Halfmoon. Technically, it is not a moon, but it is named as such.
- Another large moon can be seen hanging in the sky of Popstar at various times. Its most glaring appearance is in the background during the fight with Queen Sectonia. It can also be seen in the sky in the first stages of Kirby: Planet Robobot.
Moon Stages in Kirby Star Allies
Each major planet in Far-Flung Starlight Heroes has a moon which can be visited after the host planet is cleared. Each moon has a Boss residing on it, who must be fought to clear the way to Jambandra. These moons are as follows:
- Falluna Moon - Whispy Woods & Yggy Woods
- Mareen Moon - Goldon & Silvox
- Grott Moon - Grand Mam
- Blizzno Moon - Francisca
- Gabbel Moon - Kracko & Twin Kracko
- Sizzlai Moon - Flamberge
- There are several small crescent moons that hang about in the background of various stages. Sometimes, Kirby can use them as a secret doorway.
- Shiver Star has a moon which closely resembles Earth's Moon.