Masahiro Sakurai (桜井政博, Sakurai Masahiro) (born on August 3, 1970) is a Japanese video game designer and creator of the character Kirby and the Kirby series, as well as the Super Smash Bros. series. After working for HAL Laboratory from 1989 to 2003, he is currently Director of Software Development for Sora Ltd.
List of Works
Kirby series (as Director and Game Designer, except where noted)
- Kirby's Dream Land
- Kirby's Adventure
- Kirby Super Star
- Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards - Voice of King Dedede
- Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land - General Director
- Kirby Air Ride
- Kirby & The Amazing Mirror - Special Advisor
Super Smash Bros. series (as Director, Game Designer, and Voice of King Dedede since Brawl)
- Super Smash Bros.
- Super Smash Bros. Melee
- Super Smash Bros. Brawl
- Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate