From WiKirby, your independent source of Kirby knowledge.
Megumi Ohara (大原 萌 Ōhara Megumi, born 1991) is a video game composer at HAL Laboratory. Her first project with the company was 2015's Kirby and the Rainbow Curse, and since then, she has composed for several other games, typically in collaboration with Shogo Sakai. She has also worked on several supplementary albums for the series, such as The Sound of Kirby Café and The Sound of Kirby Café 2. Ohara is a skilled flutist and has played live flute on many of her songs.
List of Works
- The Sound of Kirby Café (with Jun Ishikawa, Hirokazu Ando, and Shogo Sakai)
- Kirby 25th Anniversary Orchestra Concert (with Shogo Sakai; orchestration for "King Dedede & Meta Knight Medley" and "Kirby Ball Medley")
- Kirby Memorial Arrangements (with Jun Ishikawa, Hirokazu Ando, and Shogo Sakai)
- The Sound of Kirby Café 2 (with Jun Ishikawa, Hirokazu Ando, Yuuta Ogasawara, Shogo Sakai, and Yuki Shimooka)
- Kirby 30th Anniversary Music Festival (conductor for "Green Greens ~ Running Through the New World", "Beyond the 25th Anniversary", "Get Pumped Up! Sub-Game Festival", "The Knight's Revenge Medley", "Go Go! Kirby Race Medley", "Kirby Finale Battle Fest", "Suite: The Star-Conquering Traveler"; keyboard, flute, and vocals for "King Dedede Medley")
- In Kirby's Dream Buffet, Megumi Ohara is represented with orange notes when music is playing.