Please remember that WiKirby contains spoilers, which you read at your own risk! See our general disclaimer for details.
From WiKirby, your independent source of Kirby knowledge.Jump to navigationJump to search
Tatsuya Kamiyama (神山達哉 Kamiyama Tatsuya) is a Japanese video game designer and director at HAL Laboratory. After joining the company in 2006, he was first credited as an Assistant Director on Kirby's Return to Dream Land, and has gone on to work on numerous games in the Kirby series. Being in a senior position for these games, often listed in the staff roll adjacent to the current series general director Shinya Kumazaki, Kamiyama frequently shares information about the Kirby games in contexts like the Kirby Star Allies Channel, the Ask the Developer interview on Kirby and the Forgotten Land, and the GDC 2023 panel on "The Many Dimensions of Kirby".
List of works
- Kirby's Return to Dream Land - Assistant Director
- Kirby's Dream Collection Special Edition - Director (with Shinya Kumazaki)
- Kirby: Triple Deluxe - Assistant Director
- Dedede's Drum Dash Deluxe - Level Design Support
- Kirby: Planet Robobot - Sequence Director
- Team Kirby Clash Deluxe - Special Thanks
- Kirby's Blowout Blast - Director
- Kirby Battle Royale - Special Thanks
- Kirby Star Allies - Sequence Director
- Kirby Fighters 2 - Special Thanks
- Kirby and the Forgotten Land - Director
- Kirby's Dream Buffet - Special Thanks
- BOXBOY! - Lead Level Design
- BOXBOXBOY! - Special Thanks
- As discussed in a Miiverse post, Kamiyama specifically worked on some of the secret levels in Dedede's Drum Dash Deluxe, with a focus on ease and playability. Incidentally, Kamiyama considers himself "not that great at playing action games".