Shinichi Shimomura (下村真一 Shimomura Shinichi, born August 21, 1966) is a Japanese video game designer who previously worked for HAL Laboratory. He was one of the main game designers who directed some of the Kirby series along with Masahiro Sakurai. He is best known for directing Kirby's Dream Land 2, Kirby's Dream Land 3, and Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards. However, he hasn't been involved in the development of the series after Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land in 2002, for unknown reasons.
There is not a great deal of information about Shinichi Shimomura, online or otherwise. It is not clear what his background was before working on the Kirby series, or what he has done since.
List of games
- Kirby's Adventure - Map Designer
- Kirby's Pinball Land - Designer
- Kirby's Dream Course - Map Designer
- Kirby's Dream Land 2 - Director, Map Designer
- Kirby Super Star - Map Designer
- Kirby's Dream Land 3 - Director
- Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards - Director
- Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land - Director