Kirby TV Channel
The Kirby TV Channel was a free downloadable Wii Channel application that showed episodes of Kirby: Right Back at Ya!. It was made available on June 23, 2011 and added new episodes until December 1, 2011. The channel was revived for a second run on April 5, 2012 and lasted until September 13, 2012. The application required a Wi-Fi connection to use. 51 episodes were available during the first run; the second run included the first 48. Episodes were ordered according to the original Japanese broadcast. Episode 38, A Novel Approach, was never made available.
For both runs, episodes were added every few days and lasted two weeks before being removed. The only exception was Kirby Comes to Cappy Town, which remained on the channel permanently. After viewing an episode, the viewer would occasionally have been granted a "key"; this would allow one to view an episode that was no longer available by spending the key to "unlock" it.
Japan did not receive the Kirby TV Channel, but instead, all 100 episodes of the series (plus an additional special episode, Kirby 3D) were released on the Wii no Ma video-on-demand service starting June 2009. The player could purchase the episodes for 100 Wii Points each. In October 2011, for the anime's 10th anniversary, the episodes were reorganized into groups of five for the same price. On April 30, 2012, the Wii no Ma service was discontinued, meaning users could no longer watch Kirby: Right Back at Ya! from the application.
While there was no North American equivalent of the Kirby TV Channel, three episodes from Kirby: Right Back at Ya! were included in Kirby's Dream Collection Special Edition, which was never released in Europe or Australia. Additionally, Kirby 3D was later released on the Nintendo Video app for Nintendo 3DS.
- The music used for the Kirby TV Channel was as follows:
- The title screen used the instrumental Kirby: Right Back at Ya! theme.
- The main menu used a remix of "Orange Ocean" from Kirby's Adventure.
- The episode timetable used a remix of The Beginner's Room theme from Kirby Super Star.
- Many of the sound effects used for the channel were reused from Kirby's Epic Yarn.
- The available episodes differed slightly depending on the language setting. For instance, the German version of the Kirby TV Channel was missing episodes 32, 45 and 46 and included episodes 54 and 55 instead.
Names in other languages
|Dutch||Kirby TV-Kanaal||Kirby TV Channel|
|French||Chaîne Kirby TV||Kirby TV Channel|
|German||Kirby TV-Kanal||Kirby TV-Channel|
|Italian||Canale Kirby TV||Kirby TV Channel|
|Korean||커비 TV 채널
keobi TV chaeneol
|Kirby TV Channel|
|Spanish||Canal Kirby TV||Kirby TV Channel|
- ↑ "The Kirby TV Channel for Wii is back!". Nintendo of UK News. April 5, 2012.