Can I add the folowing text to the appearance section? (It is my words and idea, but I'm not sure if I should add it.) "Considering Sir Kibble's constant protection, it is reasnoble to consier that he has a very sensitive and delecate body. Which may be a weak point in future games if he were too become a boss." Part of it is speculation, which is why I'm wondering. -- կրակ (խոսել) -- 23:05, 19 June 2010 (UTC)
- As far as I can tell, all of that is speculation, unless there is official information (besides the fact he wears protection, which other characters do as well) to back any of this. If there is official word on this though, feel free to add it, but cite trustable sources both for the "sensitive [...] body" and the "boss" claims, as they both seem rather far-fetched to me otherwise.--Vellidragon 12:51, 20 June 2010 (UTC)
Split off Lord Kibble
It was mentioned on the Discord that the Dream Land 2 version of Sir Kibble is consistently referred to as Lord Kibble in Japanese, both in Triple Deluxe and Dream Buffet, and the latter uses Lord Kibble as his international name as well. It may be the case that Lord Kibble is intended to be a distinct enemy from Sir Kibble, who simply acts similarly and may be related (think the distinction between Goombas and Galoombas in the Mario games). Given this, would it be worth splitting him off? The Japanese Kirby Wiki also has them as separate articles. StarPunch (talk) 19:59, 18 August 2022 (UTC)
- I dunno, I feel like the distinction isn't really significant enough to have it be its entirely own article. It's kind of like how we don't necessarily have a separate page for Master Pengy as opposed to Pengy itself, nor do we have different pages for the various types of Doomers or Antlers. We also don't have a page for Lololo on his own anymore, despite the fact that he is technically encountered separately. I think if we wanted Lord Kibble as his own page, we'd need to adjust our page creation policy. --Samwell (talk) 20:02, 18 August 2022 (UTC)
Lord Kibble discussion, 2023 edition
There was talk on the Discord server about spinning off Lord Kibble again. A few potentially relevant considerations that came up:
- Lord Kibble has been consistently listed separately from Sir Kibble in official material, including in character encyclopedias from 1999 all the way to 2022.
- Kumazaki mentions Lord Kibble separately alongside Sir Kibble in a list (admittedly a light-hearted rapid-fire one) of his favourite characters during the recorded 25th Anniversary concert.
- Additionally, the wiki's de facto stance on character pages seems to have evolved somewhat, as the Doomers at least now have separate pages for each type.
So: what do we do about Lord Kibble?
As in the 2022 discussion, any decision on this might impact (Master) Pengy, (Sir) Slippy, etc, so perhaps the discussion will quickly run beyond the scope of this particular page, but it seemed worth trying to re-start some discussion on Lord Kibble specifically as the name is actually used in the games as recently as Dream Buffet (even if only in a Character Treat). —willidleaway [talk | edits] 20:36, 29 April 2023 (UTC)