WiKirby talk:Favicon referendum
The following talk page should be used for voting on the favicon referendum and discussing it. Please remain civil at all times!
- Scrooge200 (Talk): Option 3 is my first choice, Option 2 is my second.
- Alex95 (Talk): 3, 2, 1
- StrawberryChan (Talk): 3, 2, 1.
- Trig Jegman (Talk) 3 then 2. I do not encourage keeping the current icon whatsoever.
- Pandakekok9 (Talk) First choice is option 1, if status quo can't be maintained.
- Infinite Possibilities (talk) 04:14, 28 December 2020 (UTC) 3. 1. 2. While I like them all, I think the more pixelated style fits better and keeps some originality
- SYZekrom (Talk): 1st: Option 3, 2nd: Option 2
- Kirb (Talk): 2, 1
- MetaDragon (Talk) 2
- Viperision (Talk) 1
- Owencrazyboy17 (Talk) Option 2, Option 3
- Superbound (Talk) Option 3, Option 1
- Gigi (Talk) 3, 1
- Pinkyoshifan (Talk) Just 2
- Samwell (Talk) 3, 2, 1
- Obsessive Mario Fan (Talk) 2, 1, 3.
- Hewer (Talk) 2, 3, 1 (sorry if I'm doing something wrong).
- Kristak (Talk) 2, 3, 1
- YoshiFlutterJump (Talk) Option 2
- Frisky Girl (Talk) first choice is option 2,second one is option 3
- Hexelectron (Talk) 2, 3.
I should note for full disclosure that I designed icon 3, the pixel art one. I have no major preference between the three, but I want to point out another merit of my icon; favicons are typically so small you can barely make out detail, but having a pixel art icon will make the logo fully readable from a small view while still being recognizable. (Like so.) The other two are still recognizable at a small size due to Kirby's iconic shape, but will lose some detail in the process. Any of the three are an improvement from the current, either way. StrawberryChan (talk) 03:47, 28 December 2020 (UTC)
To be honest, I don't see the reason why we should change the favicon. Sure, it is not symmetrical, but that's what gives it the charm, IMO. In fact, if it weren't for this referendum, I wouldn't have noticed that the favicon is not perfectly symmetrical. But we don't have to be perfect. :) But if the editors here really don't want the status quo, then I'd be okay with option 1. The others, while nice, doesn't preserve the original charm the status quo has. Being able to recognize immediately that you are on WiKirby and not some other kind of Kirby fansite is important to me. pandakekok9 (poyo) 04:10, 28 December 2020 (UTC)