The following page lists every user rank on WiKirby, and also lists members of that rank where appropriate. Ranks are ordered in ascending order (except for those listed under "Other").
Generally speaking, users of lower ranks should defer to those of higher ranks when called to do so. This is usually not necessary, however, and users of differing ranks are free to treat each-other as equals in most cases.
- 1 Non-staff ranks
- 2 Staff ranks
- 3 Other
- 4 Former staff
- 5 See also
The following ranks are not part of staff, and therefore, should not be approached to handle staff business:
Blocked users of any rank are not allowed to edit articles, and (unless permanently blocked) may only edit their talk pages. Blocked users must either wait out their block time (if appropriate) or have their block removed by an Administrator+.
Anonymous users are those who have not yet made an account on the wiki. In place of a user name, these users will be marked using the I.P. address used to make the edit. These users have the following privileges on the wiki:
- editing pages.
- creating and editing talk pages.
Registered users who have either recently signed up to the wiki or have not made very many edits yet are referred to as unconfirmed. In addition to the above, these users have the following privileges on the wiki:
- uploading files.
- voting in polls.
- having a talk page.
Once an unconfirmed user has been registered for at least one (1) day and has made five (5) edits to any page, he/she will become autoconfirmed. In addition to the above, Autoconfirmed users have the following privileges:
- creating new pages.
- moving pages (cannot move files).
- creating a userpage.
- uploading up to 3 personal images and 3 personal audio files (details on this page).
- creating a custom user signature.
A user who holds a high ranking position on another affiliated wiki or other site may hold this rank. As with diplomatic ambassadors between sovereign nations, Wiki Ambassadors represent their home wikis at WiKirby. These are trusted individuals. An ambassador can be assumed to be knowledgeable enough for any general wiki help, but not entirely familiar with WiKirby specific policy and practices. Ambassadors do not have any hard privileges above prior ranks.
Generally speaking, in order to qualify as an ambassador, a user must either be an administrator or higher in his/her home wiki, or otherwise have been nominated by his/her home wiki or other site to serve that role.
|Alex95||Super Mario Wiki||Active|
|Dkpat||Golden Sun Universe||Inactive|
|Moydow||Fire Emblem Wiki||Active|
|Serpent King||Smash Wiki||Inactive|
Users in this category are trusted, and their edits do not need to be patrolled as a result. Apart from this, they have no higher privileges, aside from being considered before other users for Patroller status.
The following ranks should be approached to handle staff business, but priority should be given to Administrators+ when they are available:
Patrollers are highly trusted users dedicated to making sure that every edit is of passable quality. As such, they receive special tools to assist them in checking each and every edit made to the wiki. Patrollers are recognizable by their purple user names. In addition to above, Patrollers have the following powers:
- mark others' edits as patrolled.
- rollback all edits of a page by a single user to the last revision by the previous user.
- mark pages and files as "Good" in accordance with WiKirby's featured content policy.
|Obsessive Mario Fan||Patroller||Active|
Administrators are the first rank of truly powerful editors of WiKirby. They are responsible for maintaining content on the wiki, including the main page, project pages, archives, and help pages. Administrators are also responsible for overseeing polls and settling disputes between users when necessary. All members of higher ranks are also administrators. Administrators can be recognized by their pink user names.
Abilities of an administrator
- Protect/unprotect pages: They can lock a page from editing if it is the subject of controversy and edit wars, or if it repeatedly vandalized. User pages are generally not protected barring special conditions.
- Delete/undelete pages: They have the ability to delete pages in accordance with the deletion policy. Pages are usually not deleted unless they have no relevance.
- Move files: They are the only ones with the ability to move files. This is to prevent someone from changing a file's name and creating a great deal of red links.
- Block/unblock users: If a user is deemed to be a vandal or is repeatedly creating conflicts and problems, an administrator can block the user to prevent him or her from editing. Most blocks are temporary and depend on the length of the offense. For specific policy, see the block policy page.
- Hide revisions of a page which are inappropriate: Sometimes, vandals insert swears into articles or create other problems that are inappropriate for viewing. Administrators have the ability to hide these revisions in the history of the page.
- Change user rights: Administrators have the ability to grant higher ranks to users up to Patroller. Promotions to Patroller should be verified by Bureaucrats.
- Rollback vandalism or problem edits: Administrators can quickly revert all revisions of a page by a certain user to the last edit made by the previous user. This is usually only used in cases of vandalism.
|Fubaka||Editor-in-Chief, Bureaucrat, and Administrator||Active|
|Vellidragon||Bureaucrat and Administrator||Active|
|Results May Vary||Administrator||Active|
|Tacopill||Administrator, Webspace owner||Active (though not on the wiki itself)|
|Tech Support||In-Training||Will be here soon|
Bureaucrats can be considered the heads of the wiki. Although there is not much to distinguish them from administrators, they have the following additional powers and responsibilities:
- the ability to rename and delete users from the wiki.
- the power to review administrator actions if need be.
- the power to assign any rank to a user, including Bureaucrat.
Among the bureaucrats, one is appointed as the Editor-in-Chief via popular poll. The Editor-in-Chief can be considered the head of the entire wiki operation, and is subservient only to the site owner. The Editor-in-Chief is responsible for defining and enforcing wiki policy, and as such, other Bureaucrats must defer to him/her when regarding such matters.
Other ranks that are not part of the hierarchy include the following:
- Bot - These are not human users, instead existing to perform some automated function on the wiki.
- Check user - This rank allows users to track down the accounts of spammers and/or vandals when necessary.
- Interface administrator - This rank grants a user the right to edit MediaWiki-prefix pages in order to adjust the hard coding on the site.
- System Admin - This rank is for the user who is primarily responsible for keeping WiKirby afloat. The System Admin is not necessarily part of the wiki staff, but should still be deferred to when appropriate.
- Tech Support - This rank is for users who work behind the scenes to keep the wiki operational. They are not considered part of staff and instead adhere to the System Admin.
The following users are no longer part of staff, usually due to inactivity. Users in this table are free to return to staff if they so choose unless otherwise noted:
|Adam||Bureaucrat and Administrator||Inactive (formerly behind the scenes tech work)|
|Axiomist||Bureaucrat and Administrator, former wiki owner||Passed away|
|Tucayo||Ambassador of Mario Wiki||Inactive|