From WiKirby, your independent source of Kirby knowledge.
What a Featured Article is:
- An article marked as "Good".
- An article with an official (non-conjectural) name (more details on the naming policy page).
- An article with an opening abstract of sufficient length, preferably consisting of at least two paragraphs.
- An article with proper documentation. (no substantial info is missing)
- Sound of format. (no improvement notice templates are present)
- Sufficient overall length. (at least 5000 bytes long)
- Not a list page, disambiguation page, or subpage.
- Properly categorized.
- Not an orphaned page. (at least one article links to it)
- Voting is currently open to all registered users.
- All votes must be signed with signatures (type four tildes (~~~~.)) Unsigned votes are automatically negated, regardless of any points made.
- An article will automatically have its featured status removed if it receives five (5) valid votes to support it.
- After two (2) weeks of being nominated, an article will have its featured status removed if it does not have more opposition than support. (this means a tie or zero votes will still result in an unfeature)
- An article will maintain its featured status if it receives five (5) valid oppositions.
- There may be no more than six (6) nominated articles at one time. Do not add any more than this.
- The editor who puts the article up for nomination may not vote on it.
- Please add all oppositions/supports on a new line beginning with a number/pound/hash sign (#) to automatically create an alphanumeric list.
- Staff members reserve the right to negate any votes without notification of the voter if they are found to be in violation of any of these rules or if suspected of trolling.
Once an article's featured status has been removed, a total of thirty (30) days must pass before it can be nominated for featurement again.
None at the moment