- This article is about the true final form of Void Termina in Kirby Star Allies. For the hazard, see Void.
|The final battle at hand, Void takes his first steps toward a new age. In place of tyrannical rage, will he find...naptime? Gentle breezes? Treats? He may even dream again...
A dream of friends reunited!
— VS Void
Void is a secret boss who is faced only in The Ultimate Choice of Kirby Star Allies, at the end of 'Soul Melter EX' difficulty after defeating the first three phases of Void Termina - True Destroyer of Worlds. He is a souped-up, version of Void Soul, serving as the true final boss of Kirby Star Allies from Version 4.0.0 onward. In his Boss Caption, Void is referred to as the Astral Birth. Despite his position as the Final Boss, Void does not need to be defeated for 100% Completion of the game, but beating him will unlock the Dream Button which can switch Kirby's look between the default modern one and the classic style from Kirby's Dream Land.
Void has a white color scheme simmilar to that of Zero, and there are "veins" on his body like those of eyeballs. The background of the splash card for Void is a direct reference to the Hyper Zone from Boss Butch of Kirby's Dream Land 3, further cementing the connection to Dark Matter and Zero.
Similar to his normal counterparts, Void can be damaged by directly tossing Friend Hearts at his body.
The following lists all of Void's attacks. For some reason, Void loses his weaker counterparts's hypnosis waves.
Pleasant Dream[from internal data]
|First, Void fires barrages of energy bullets in 4 directions but with faster rate of fire while rotating the firing angle, and spreading out bullets sometimes.|
Unlike his normal counterparts, Void's Pleasant Dream bullets still do damage to normal ways of guard.
Then, Void shoots small lasers at various places on the screen coming from it 3 times by changing the angle a little bit the second and third time, which makes him look like a cartoon Sun.
These lasers can only be blocked by special ways of guard, e.g. Ice and Spider.
|Shooter Cutter||Void gains this attack which originated from Marx. He fires 4 cutter boomerangs around himself for two rounds.|
Afterwards, a third round is rapid-fired while Void is moving across the stage, unlike in his weaker form. These cutters can be swallowed for the Cutter ability.
Void starts this attack again in his second phase.
(internally known as Deadly Bound[from internal data])
|Void splits into four to ram Kirby & Friends, two at a time knocking on the floor.|
This resembles Deadly Bound, the ball tackle of Drawcia Soul and other soul bosses. Void and his duplicates share their health bar and appearance, so memorizing which one of them is the real one is neither possible nor important.
(internally known as Laughing Needle[from internal data])
|Void splits into four. Just like before, Void and his clones share their appearance, so while you cannot memorize which one of them is real, although memorizing the true one's identity is unimportant since the clones share their health bar with the real one.|
Void and his clones burst into laughter and pokes needles from their body to 8 directions (but three is out of the screen).
The attack is used two times. First, all four Voids fly to the top of the screen and execute the attack.
Then, all four Voids descend to the ground, and execute the attack. Finally, Void and his clones fly to the background and merge again to form one being.
This resembles the Needle Form of Miracle Matter.
|Void floods the stage with purple water and uses Sprint again,|
this time ramming on his own in the same pattern as the Story Mode Void Termina's Final Core.
As the attack ends, the water will also vanish.
|Dark Mind Laser[from internal data]||Void transforms into a Dark Mind-like form, reprising Dark Mind's attacks from Kirby & The Amazing Mirror.|
First, he attacks with two rotating mirrors. Then, he fires a laser and reflects it several times with the mirrors. This is only used in Phase 2.
|Void transforms into a meteor-like form, reprising the same attack of Drawcia Soul and Soul of Sectonia.|
As the "sun", he will go across the stage five times. Like the Dark Mind Laser, This is only used in Phase 2.
(internally known as Song Laser[from internal data])
|Void transforms into the Dark Matter-like form like his normal counterparts.|
The lasers from this attack cannot be guarded.
This is only used in Phase 2, like his Dark Mind Laser and Deadly sun attacks.
|Japanese attack names are taken from Japanese guidebooks. Some English attack names are taken from internal game files.|
Void attacks in the following order:
- Pleasant Dream (Phase 1 only)
- Shooter Cutter (1st) (2nd attack out of every five attacks in Phase 1)
- Sprint (1st) (Phase 1 only)
- Full Smile (Phase 1 only)
- Sprint (2nd) (Phase 1 only)
- Shooter Cutter (2nd) (Performed only once at the start of Phase 2)
- Dark Mind Laser (Phase 2 only)
- Deadly Sun (Phase 2 only)
- Loud Song (Phase 2 only)
Then, his attacks will loop between 7 and 9 in the rest of the battle.
The first part is the same as Void Termina's Phase 4 / Void Soul, but the second part (which lasts about 6'12") consists of sad piano and retro arrangements of the first part. The two parts are separated by a 135 beat-per-minute 3/4 time 16-bar transition.
- Void's name is synonymous with "nothing". This is likely a reference to Zero, due to his resemblance to the latter.
- It is also cognate with the Latin Vacuus, which means "Void" when it is used as a noun.
- Void is the first example of an EX form of a Soul boss in Kirby series history, putting him in a league above the rest.
- Void has the fourth highest health of all single boss battles in Kirby Star Allies at 2,000, right after The Three Mage-Sisters in Heroes in Another Dimension (3,234), The Three Mage-Sisters in The Ultimate Choice's Soul Melter EX (2,425), and Morpho Knight EX in Guest Star The Three Mage-Sisters (2,070).
- The pause flavor text for Void is strangely different from the other forms of Void Termina, suggesting that Void may be transforming into a benign being. His lists of wants and desires are also strikingly similar to that of Kirby's, suggesting a connection between the two.
- Unlike the other forms of Void Termina, Void has some key differences:
- Void does not use Circle of Friends (brainwash waves) or summon mini cores. (Unused models of his mini cores are in the game ROM, however.)
- Void has an open smile upon his defeat. The score for defeating Void, 86555, is a pun on "HAL GO GO GO" in Japanese. This score also appears as the highest score of the secret stage "C-R-O-W-N-E-D (Reprise)" in Dedede's Drum Dash Deluxe.
- At random times his battle and in his pause screen, Void makes the same face 0² makes before it is fought.
- Void's pause screen description may be an implication that Void Termina himself is actually a corrupted alternate-universe version of Kirby.
Names in other languages
- Kirby Star Allies: The Original Soundtrack