Welcome to WiKirby!
help guide for editing tips and information on do's and don'ts. Also, please keep in mind that all edits are subject to moderation until you become autoconfirmed (5 edits and 24 hours)! If you need any help, just contact one of the administrators. Thanks! — The WiKirby Staff
If you don't know how to upload files, try reading Help:File uploading. Once you know how, go to Special:Upload and then add a link to the article. Have a great time! Superbound (talk) 05:27, 4 June 2020 (UTC)
File licensing, file categorization, file sourcing, file naming...
- Please, always license files you upload - you just have to choose on which license the imahe is uploaded. See Help:Formatting file pages#Licensing.
- Categorize files - if you are uploading new images, remember to always categorise them. For more info, see Help:Categories nad Wikirby:Category policy.
- Source you files - this one is really important, because you can't sometimes tell if the image is or real not (I'm still around 30% sure that your Kirby 64 Jp boxart is hoax). It's simple - the least effort to do is copy URL link and paste it into file page.
- File naming - try naming your images "Water" is too generic, we have many images despcicing water. On the other hand "Makiko-ohmoto-2865" is way to complicated - why dashes, what does that random number mean? While WiKirby simply says to name them like describe image, the unofficial advice exist and it is here!*puf!*.
If you plan on making image more advanced, see WiKirby:Image standards.
Creating new pages
Greetings, Rowbro. I noticed you attempted to create the Air-Ride-in-Style - Part II page, but it was just a single sentence. I highly recommend before creating a new page on a big subject that you try to cover it as completely as you can. Don't just create a page for the sake of creating it.
As an example, here are some anime episode pages that are considered complete:
- Kirby Comes to Cappy Town
- Un-Reality TV
- Cappy New Year
- Island of the Lost Warrior
- Hour of the WolfWrath
Now, it is my intention to eventually create this page myself, so don't worry too much about the anime episode pages, unless you really REALLY want to make them; in which case, please DM me and we can discuss how to do that properly. Cheers. --Samwell (talk) 15:14, 4 July 2020 (UTC)
Warning regarding extreme stub page creation
Greetings, Rowbro. It appears you attempted to create another extreme stub page in the form of "North American commercial". This page was deleted for being woefully inadequate. Since I specifically told you not to create stub pages like this previously, I am giving you two three-strike offenses, as follows:
- Avoidably failing to follow specific policies regarding article content after being informed of the specific policy.
- Ignoring directions from administrators+.
If you do this again, you will receive a third strike and be blocked. I suspect you are new to wikis, so you should focus on smaller things before you attempt to create new pages. Also, you need to pay attention to your talk page. --Samwell (talk) 01:38, 9 July 2020 (UTC)
Meta Knight in Kirby 64
I kinda wish that Meta Knight was in Kirby 64 as one of the allies in this game, same goes for Dreamland 2 & 3 —Preceding unsigned comment added by Rowbro (talk • contribs) . Please always sign your comments by typing ~~~~!
- Greetings. Talk pages aren't really places to discuss general subjects about the Kirby series and what not. Talk pages are used to communicate regarding wiki questions, problems, and such similar.
- If you want to discuss more general topics such as this one, feel free to do so by joining the wiki's Discord server. You can reach it by following this link. Hope to see you there. -- MetaDragon (talk) 04:04, 30 November 2020 (UTC)
Regarding your edits
Greetings, Rowbro! Your last edits were attempts to add a page called "List of games by date", which is unnecessary by our policies. I deleted the page explaining why, but you still created it again, you started linking to it in other pages. Since this isn't your first time ignoring an admin+ and not following our policies after being directed to them, I had no choice but to block you for two weeks.
I hope you can take this time to review them and understand why this had to be done. If you happen to do this yet again in the future, I'm afraid we'll have to choice but to block you permanently. - Gigi (talk • edits) 22:52, 30 November 2020 (UTC)
- ok, at can I at least add the year next to the character debut? since this is a technique most wikis use. —Preceding unsigned comment added by Rowbro (talk • contribs) . Please always sign your comments by typing ~~~~!
- It's all well and good to make suggestions and edits, but you need to actually start listening when we revert things. It's not good wiki technique to try and force an edit through that has been rejected by an admin, or anyone, really. That's what talk pages are for. You will wait out your block time, and when it's up, then we can talk further. --Samwell (talk) 00:19, 4 December 2020 (UTC)
Rowbro, at this point you've been told multiple times that you cannot just try to force an edit through. If you get reverted, you have to start a talk page if you believe it is in error and try to work things out. You are actively violating WiKirby's dispute policy by not doing this, and by all rights, I have the necessary pretense to block you permanently for this repeated infraction among others. However, I am going to give you one more chance. You are blocked for two weeks again. After that time is up, if you want to edit here, you must come back and demonstrate that you understand this policy and will abide by it. Otherwise, it's going to be a permablock next time around. Don't make me do that. --Samwell (talk) 05:13, 16 December 2020 (UTC)
Rowbro, I've blocked you again because you don't seem to be interested in listening to people on the wiki. It's not necessary to keep making minor rewording changes to the Kirby page, and you've been told multiple times to stop, but you wouldn't. I told you I'd permablock you if I had to block you again, but because this is a relatively small infraction, I'm going to give you another two weeks off. Next time though, I'm not gonna be pulling my punches. You need to start paying attention. --Samwell (talk) 22:13, 2 May 2021 (UTC)