User talk:Obsessive Mario Fan
1. No flaming.
2. No spamming.
3. No excessive swearing.
4. No insulting anyone's personal life or religion.
5. I have the right to edit anything that violates these rules.
6. Overall, just follow the main rules of the wiki.
7. The page will be given an archive every 30 sections. Any messages regarding archives will be ignored.
Welcome to WiKirby!
help guide for editing tips and information on do's and don'ts. Also, please keep in mind that all edits are subject to moderation until you become autoconfirmed (5 edits and 24 hours)! If you need any help, just contact one of the administrators. Thanks! — The WiKirby Staff
Edits and Counting
- Actually, yes. I put it on my userpages on other wikis, too. I think of it more as inspiration than copying. I usually look at other user's profiles to see ideas for things I can add to mine, such as a list of games I own, other locations, and userboxes! Obsessive Mario Fan (talk) 18:05, 11 May 2019 (UTC)
Regarding quotes in characters pages
Greetings. I notice you've been compiling quotes and putting them on character pages. I've recently made a few modifications to the quote list on the Axe Knight page to make the presentation a bit cleaner. If I could get you to apply that to the other pages you put quotes into, I would appreciate it. --Fubaka (talk) 22:24, 3 September 2019 (UTC)
- OK. That does look quite a bit cleaner. Although I don't think that should be the method in quotes by game, I definitely think it should be in the character's pages. --Obsessive Mario Fan 22:27, 3 September 2019 (UTC)
Hoy Obsessive Mario Fan. I'm looking to make some new Patrollers on this wiki, and I figured you'd be a good pick. Essentially, Patrollers have the power to roll back edits, and to "patrol" edits from other users (though this latter action is seldom needed since we aren't a super active wiki). Patrollers also gain access to the Discord's staff chat channel (assuming you are on the Discord). Are you interested in becoming a Patroller? --Fubaka (talk) 08:28, 8 September 2019 (UTC)
Hold, up, pard!
Looks like you are uploading a lot of images from Star Allies. You should check to see if we don't already have those images first. Also, you mislabeled the Festival Ability as Wing. --Fubaka (talk) 20:58, 11 September 2019 (UTC)
- Sorry, about the mislabeling, I haven't played Star Allies yet. I almost mistook Artist for Paint, but luckily found out in time. I checked that the images were not already there, as I saw some were and didn't add them. However, not all of the images were in all of their proper places (I mainly checked the gallery and the subjects' articles). --Obsessive Mario Fan 21:03, 11 September 2019 (UTC)
Re: User signature issue
Hi, so Alex95 just added the line to LocalSettings.php. Now remove the SUBST: part from your user preferences and see if the sig works.
- I removed the "SUBST" and that fixed it. Thanks! Also, I'm called "Obsessive Mario Fan" because I am mostly known for liking the Mario series, as said on my MarioWiki user page (and I couldn't think of a better username :P). I'm also known as that elsewhere. Although I like the Kirby series a lot, many people I know (both on the internet and in real life) usually associate me with being obsessed with the Mario series, so I just went with my username focusing on that for each website I'm on. --Obsessive Mario Fan 21:41, 11 September 2019 (UTC)
Regarding undoing revisions
Hoy, Obsessive Mario Fan. I noticed you undid a revision I made on one of your edits. I'd like to point out that this is not how things should be done on the wiki. If you see that someone has reverted your edit, especially if that someone is a higher rank than you, the proper procedure is to go to the talk page and ask why it was reverted. If you want to open a formal dispute, you can read about that on this page. Now that you have this information, I would like you to follow this procedure from here onward. Let me know if there's anything here you are unsure about. --Fubaka (talk) 00:18, 26 November 2019 (UTC)
- OK, sorry about that. Next time, I'll visit your talk page before undoing it. --Obsessive Mario Fan 01:29, 26 November 2019 (UTC)
Regarding moving pages and "BJAODN"
Hoy, Obsessive Mario Fan. I want to chat a little about your recent edits on the wiki, as well as your conduct in general.
Firstly, the "Meta Knight's Book" page. I understand your reasoning behind moving the page, but I would really have appreciated if you had talked to me before moving it, or at least put up a move request. As it stands, I would like to move it back, because the purpose of the article was not to seriously cover the subject matter, but as an example article for the help pages. I wanted people to be able to look at that picture, chuckle at the name a bit, and then be even more amused to find that it was a real article on the wiki.
Second, you seem to be operating under a different set of policies than WiKirby does, at least concerning your "BJAODN" list on your user page. I have specified many times that in addition to being informative, the wiki should be playful with its writing, so long as things are also kept concise and readable. To that end, I don't want people simply removing jokes or fluffy writing because they don't like it or think it's "unprofessional". When you keep a BJAODN list on your userpage, you are putting off a negative vibe by displaying things you didn't like which the rest of us had done. To that end, I'd appreciate it if you would remove your BJAODN section.
The one rule I want you to keep heed of in this case is rule #5 from the writing specifics page:
Do it better - Unless it's too long or wrong, don't cut stuff out. Make it better instead.
- My BJAODN section was meant to be humorous, not negative; but I'll remove it. Also, next time, I'll read the history of a page before moving it. --Obsessive Mario Fan 21:22, 23 January 2020 (UTC)
- Thank you. I suspected you were not trying to be mean-spirited with that section, but it does come off that way when it only features things removed from the articles for being "bad".
- On a separate note, do you use Discord, by any chance? I'd like to see you on the server, so we can communicate more directly. As a Patroller, you'd gain access to the staff-chat channel, where important things about the wiki are discussed. --Fubaka (talk) 21:26, 23 January 2020 (UTC)
If saw recent changes or history for King Dedede or Meta Knight, you know which one I mean. Pandakekok already wrote about it on YFJ talk page, but if he doesn’t see the message, can you ban him? Superbound (talk) 12:44, 23 May 2020 (UTC)