Elements and Sources
There are five different types of effects which can be applied: Blizzard, Bluster, Sizzle, Splash, and Zap. These elements are applied by having the ally wielding the weapon hold it up, then having the element-wielding ally use an elemental attack on the weapon to power it up. This effect then remains on the weapon indefinitely, only being lost if the ability is discarded and left to bounce as a star for a few seconds or the wielder defeated (not just fainted).
Applying an effect to a weapon allows the user to perform more elaborate attacks, and often adds special properties in addition to raising the damage dealt by 25%. One example is Bluster Bomb, which allows the user to float up into the air while holding the bomb in hand.
The following table lists every known source for each effect, as well as the general characteristics of the element in question:
|Elements in Kirby Star Allies|
|Element||Granted by||Characteristics||Enemies weak to the element|
List of Augmentable Weapons
The following Copy Abilities and allies can receive elemental powers:
- Bomb (Poppy Bros. Jr.)
- Cutter (Sir Kibble)
- Hammer (Bonkers, King Dedede)
- Ninja (Bio Spark)
- Spear (Bandana Waddle Dee only)
- Staff (Jammerjab)
- Sword (Blade Knight, Meta Knight, Dark Meta Knight)
- Whip (Wester)
- Yo-Yo (Gim)
Friend Star / Star Allies Sparkler
The Friend Star and the Star Allies Sparkler fire elemental bullets based on the rider and indicated by the icon's color on the dashboard. Besides the five elements aforementioned, some abilities/allies have their own variants:
- Blizzard: Ice, Daroach, Francisca
- Bluster: Wing, Cleaning
- Sizzle: Fire, Rick & Kine & Coo, Flamberge
- Splash: Water, Gooey
- Zap: Beam, Plasma, ESP, Magolor, Zan Partizanne
- Slash[from internal data]: Sword, Cutter, Ninja, Meta Knight, Bandana Waddle Dee, Dark Meta Knight
- Blow[from internal data]: Stone, Hammer, King Dedede
- Blast[from internal data]: Bomb
- Plain[from internal data]: Normal Kirby, Whip, Yo-Yo, Staff, Fighter, Suplex, Beetle, Spider, Parasol, Artist, Cook, Crash, Festival, Mike, Marx, Adeleine & Ribbon, Taranza, Susie
Weapon wielders will still fire their default bullets even with an element granted beforehand. Elemental shots are slightly more powerful than no-element/"plain" shots.
In the final battle, Void Termina's elemental effects during his Demon God Form (Phase 1) and Angel Form (Phase 3) can be negated by the respective weakness bullets from the Star Allies Sparkler, e.g. Void Termina's Blizzard Sword icicles can be destroyed by Sizzle bullets.
- These combinations are similar to the various Ability Scroll elemental combos which Kirby could perform in Kirby: Squeak Squad, but are much broader in scope.
- In Kirby Star Allies, the Hammer ability's Hammer Flip has lost its fire element from previous games, possibly due to similarities with Sizzle Hammer as well as the purpose of receiving different elemental powers. The Bomb ability has already lost its fire element since Kirby's Return to Dream Land, thus able to become Sizzle Bomb.
- Paint-based attacks from Artist/Adeleine & Ribbon have similar properties to the Splash effect (super effective on fire and electric) but do not grant Splash.
- Stone has some Friend Abilities that grant it temporary elemental powers, albeit not a weapon-based ability. The Curling Friend Abilities have their respective element, Geokinesis with ESP grants it the Zap effect, and Rock Painter with Artist/Adeleine & Ribbon covers the stone sculpture with paint.
- The Three Mage-Sisters can provide all elemental powers except Bluster, being the ally that can provide the most elements.
- If a Bomb or Cutter user or Marx has no element imbued and their projectile meets an ally's elemental attack, that projectile will turn elemental but the user still won't receive the element in this way.
- If Kirby drops an elemental weapon's Ability Star, it will lose the element in a few seconds. Tossing a Friend Heart at an elemental Ability Star will create the respective helper with that element.
- The element of Friend Star / Star Allies Sparkler is mostly based on that of the rider's default attack.