From WiKirby, your independent source of Kirby knowledge.
A Reviving Tomato is a special variety of Maxim Tomato which appears only inside of an Assist Star. If Kirby loses all of his health while having a Reviving Tomato in his inventory, it will completely revive him. This item will only be granted to Kirby or King Dedede by Bandana Waddle Dee if they fail a boss fight four or more times in Kirby: Triple Deluxe and three or more times in Kirby: Planet Robobot.
The Reviving Tomato resembles a Maxim Tomato, but is gold, and has a star insignia on the front instead of an 'M'. Given the conditions for obtaining this item, it can only be obtained prior to boss fights in the Story Mode of Kirby: Triple Deluxe and Kirby: Planet Robobot, or in Dededetour!. The item can be used prematurely by tapping the star, having the same effect as a Maxim Tomato. If Kirby or King Dedede manage to beat the boss without using the tomato, it will change into a Maxim Tomato.
Kirby: Triple Deluxe
- Instruction manual bio (page 14): "Found inside the Assist Star. It will automatically replenish all of your health meter if it's depleted.
- Touch the icon to fully replenish your health meter.
- If you clear a stage without using this, it will turn into a Maxim Tomato.
- If you fail to defeat a boss four or more times, Bandana Waddle Dee will throw you one of these to help you out."
Kirby: Planet Robobot
- Instruction manual bio (page 16): "Found inside Assist Stars. If your health completely empties while holding this, it will automatically restore all of your health.
- Touch the icon to fully restore your health.
- The Reviving Tomato will turn into a Maxim Tomato if you clear a stage without using it.
- If you fail to defeat a boss three or more times, Bandana Waddle Dee will throw you one of these to help out."
Names in other languages