|“||To take out one of these bad guys, aim for the eye and jump.||”|
— Description of Orbservor from the Kirby Tilt 'n' Tumble Instruction Booklet
Orbservor is a large spherical Boss with a single eye on top. It is faced several times in Kirby Tilt 'n' Tumble, appearing in a couple different colors and variants. Its main attack strategy is to bounce Kirby around in order to launch him into a pit or other hazard. To attack Orbservor, Kirby must get into a launcher and strike its eye when exposed. All variants of Orbservor take three hits to defeat.
Its name is a play on "orb" and "observer", with an "o" replacing the "e" near the end.
Orbservor appears a total of five times in Kirby Tilt 'n' Tumble. Each time, its attack strategy and color palette is slightly different, as well as the room it is battled in. These scenarios are as follows:
- In Lvl 1-4, Orbservor moves fairly slow and will attempt to push Kirby off stage when angered.
- In Lvl 2-4, Orbservor will leap around, making the floor beneath weak and prone to crumble when landing.
- In the Extra Stage, a gray Orbservor is fought instead of the brown one.
- In Lvl 4-4, Orbservor is generally more aggressive, and will try to push Kirby into spikes.
- In the Extra Stage, a brown Orbservor is fought instead of the gray one.
- In Lvl 5-4, Orbservor is fought in an icy arena with no walls.
- In Lvl 7-4, Orbservor moves extremely quickly, and will knock Kirby out of the ring or into spikes if not swiftly dodged.
Each time Orbservor is defeated, its body explodes, leaving the eye to shed a tear, then fly away.
- In Kirby: Planet Robobot, two Orbservors appear as a sticker, using artwork from Kirby Tilt 'n' Tumble.
- In Kirby's Dream Buffet, the same two Orbservors used for the sticker also appear on a Character Treat.
Character Treat from Kirby's Dream Buffet
Names in other languages
|Possibly a play on the English word "mega" and the Japanese phrase「目が良い」(me ga ii, have good eyesight), with Latin adverb-forming suffix "-ter"; may involve「目」(me, eye)|
|European French||Orbservateur||Portmanteau of "orbe" (orb) and "observateur" (observer)|
|Portuguese||Observolhões||Combination of "observar" (to observe) and "olhões" (big eyes)|
|Spanish||Ojeadores||Combination of "ojo" (eye) and "observadores" (observators)|