From WiKirby, your independent source of Kirby knowledge.
(Redirected from Main Page)Jump to navigationJump to search
Welcome to WiKirby!
currently with 3,244
articles and counting!
Welcome to WiKirby!|
This is a free encyclopedia that anyone can edit.
About the Kirby series
Since 2010, WiKirby has been striving to be the best resource for Kirby information on the internet. And you can help us! It's easy - just head on over to our Help & Policy section and then find a page to get started.
Not sure where to begin? Check out our maintenance page.
Have fun and thanks for visiting!
Please keep in mind that in order to create new pages (including your user page) and upload files, you must create an account, wait one day, and make 5 edits to pages first!
New & Upcoming Kirby Games
Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards is a side-scrolling platformer in the main Kirby series featuring Kirby and some of his friends, produced by HAL Laboratory and initially released in 2000 and 2001 for the Nintendo 64. It is notable for being the first installment in the series to depict Kirby and his surroundings in full 3D, although only for visual effects. As the last part of the Dark Matter Trilogy, Kirby 64 was not directed by Masahiro Sakurai, but instead by Shinichi Shimomura. Unlike its predecessors Kirby's Dream Land 2 and Kirby's Dream Land 3, Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards does not feature Animal Friends with which to combine with and alter Kirby's Copy Abilities. Instead, Kirby does this himself by combining abilities together into Power Combos. This results in 36 total unique abilities that Kirby can use in the game.
Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards departs from earlier games in the series in other ways as well. In addition to being the first 3-D game in the series, it also is the first game to give Kirby an upper limit to how high he can hover, the first game to allow him to inhale underwater, the first game to let him hold enemies and objects over his head or toss them, and the first game in the series to give him a voice courtesy of Makiko Ohmoto. Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards also features three Sub-Games which can be played with up to four players, completely separate from the main game.
(Do you want to showcase an article you worked on?)
- October 5th, 2019 - A new feature has been added to the wiki! Articles and files can now be marked as "Good" and given a special icon representing them as such. This new feature has been tied in to the revised featured content policy, and details can be found on that page.
- September 24th, 2019 - Open the floodgates! WiKirby now allows unregistered users to make edits on pages. Still, any and all anonymous editors to the site are encouraged to make an account so we can be friends!
- September 23rd, 2019 - The policy referendum has concluded and will now be archived. Thanks to everyone who took part in helping forge the new policy. Speaking of which, the new policy is now being implemented on the wiki. Be sure to check that out when you get the time and let Fubaka know if anything could be improved. Cheers!
- September 19th, 2019 - Here it comes again! This year's Cross-Wiki Weekend will be happening this weekend, from the 20th to the 22nd of September! Head to the WiKirby:Cross-Wiki Weekend page to learn how to take part!
- September 10th, 2019 - Local editor Results May Vary has just been promoted to administrator! Be sure to give him your cheers!
- September 8th, 2019 - Heads-up! A referendum is being held to determine changes to WiKirby's policy! If you want to discuss potential changes, head over to this page to find out how! This referendum will end after the 22nd of September, so get a move-on!
- September 6th, 2019 - Fubaka was elected Editor-in-Chief.
- September 4th, 2019 - During the Nintendo Direct, a surprise sequel to Team Kirby Clash Deluxe was announced for release later today! The game is called Super Kirby Clash! Coverage forthcoming!
This artwork depicts Spider Kirby alongside several other characters dressed up in costumes and various Halloween-themed creatures pitted against a moonlit night sky. This image comes from the Kirby JP Twitter and was made to commemorate Halloween in 2018.
"I assume that you want this one featured first since you placed it above the other one? Either way, keep in mind that when uploading images, you should apply the proper license and link to the source where you can. Now that these images are properly sourced and licensed, we can feature them here." --Fubaka (talk) 20:46, 29 September 2019 (UTC)
(Have you voted for the next Featured Picture yet?)
Did you know that...
|N.I.W.A. is a family of open-content encyclopedias based on Nintendo franchises, vowing to be now and forever independent!
|Other Nintendo franchise wikis are welcome; please visit the N.I.W.A. forums to suggest candidate wikis!
|WiKirby's Portal to Recommended Downloads
WiKirby wants to share some useful tools for wiki working. Feel free to suggest anything we may have missed. If you aren't currently using any of these, we recommend looking into them at the very least. All are free of cost, easy to install, and even easier to uninstall if desired.
- - Mozilla Firefox offers a few extensions which can make your wiki experience much more efficient. Download the latest version here
- - GNU Image Manipulation Program (GIMP) is a highly useful image editing software, seemingly complex at first but after a few trials, images can be cleaned, transparent, and cropped easily. Download the latest version here
- - Paint.NET is another very useful image editing software, with features similar to Photoshop, though not quite as bulky or dense. Paint.NET runs very quickly, and can have images cropped or otherwise fixed up in seconds. Download the latest version here
- WikED- Arguably the most useful wiki editing software in existence. Edit views will highlight templates, coding, images, references, and other text for easier edit mode viewing. Can do text replace, WYSIWYG editor, table creations, proofreading at the touch of a button, and much much more! Download the latest version here
- - Discord is a free chat service which is used by several of our admins to communicate with editors and for users to talk with each-other and share news, Kirby-related or otherwise. We have a special channel which you can join by following this link: Shiver Star - WiKirby Discord. Read more here.