- This article is about the Goal Game in Kirby: Canvas Curse, and should not be confused with the Jumping Sub-Game from Kirby's Dream Land 3.
Dash! Jump! (referred to in the manual as The Jump Game) is a Goal Game in Kirby: Canvas Curse, accessed after completing any stage of the Main Game. Like all other Goal Games, the objective is to go as far as possible in order to collect Point Stars for 1-Ups.
Kirby or any other character is dropped from a portal in the air to a dash pad in a mostly black and white colored room. The room is sectioned off in 100 inch increments with different colors appearing every 1000 inches.
Kirby or any other character must use the Touch Dash move to increase his speed as he moves along the dash pad. Once the character ball has gained enough speed then reaches the end of the dash pad, the player must draw a ramp made of Rainbow Lines using their Nintendo DS stylus to launch the ball into the air. Note that the amount of Rainbow Lines the player can use is very limited compared to the main stages, and the selected character ball may perform differently in the game, based on its base characteristics.
Once Kirby or any other character ball is launched, he will eventually land on the ground at a specific distance, which is recorded in inches (centimeters in the Japanese and European versions). For every 100 inches, 10 Point Stars will be added to the player's total, which in turn makes 1000 inches equivalent to a 1up. Recorded jump lengths are saved and marked on the field with a sign for the next playthrough.
After completing the Main Game with each character ball, Dash! Jump! can be played without having to complete any level, being accessible from the main menu.
- Using the Meta Knight ball, it is possible to blow completely out of the back wall of the game area, giving the highest record of 3,301 inches.
- The same ball is also capable of landing on the tiny black platform at the end of the runway, which will reward the player with nine 1-Ups.
- When playing Dash! Jump! with the Old School music option selected, the Goal Game music from Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land will play.
- "The Jump Game" –Kirby: Canvas Curse manual (page 14 header)
- "You'll earn Point Stars based on how far he flies." –Kirby: Canvas Curse manual (page 14)