From WiKirby, your independent source of Kirby knowledge.
|Iceberg - Stage 4
Obtaining the Heart Star
at the end of Iceberg - Stage 4
|Heart Star character(s)
- This article is about the stage in Kirby's Dream Land 3. For the stage in Kirby's Dream Land 2, see Iceberg - Stage 4 (Kirby's Dream Land 2).
Iceberg - Stage 4 is the fourth stage of Iceberg in Kirby's Dream Land 3.
This stage consists of 14 main rooms, which are in order:
- The stage begins out on an icy pathway near the sea level. It leads past a horde of foes up to a grotto, where a Galbo guards the entrance.
- The door leads to a cave which leads downward past several Wappa who will attempt to fall on Kirby.
- The door leads to an icy inner chamber where more Galbo lie in wait. At the bottom, Kirby can find one exposed door, and two columns of ice, which both conceal side-doors. These doors hold Coo and Rick, while the main door leads to the next area.
- The door leads to a short passageway where Kirby will have to dodge falling ice blocks that pick themselves back up again.
- In this area, Kirby will have to contend with Icicles as he makes his way downward.
- Kirby will have to make his way up slopes in this cave, while Cororis push large snowballs down it to harass him.
- This area is a long hallway lined with Pacto.
- This area is a long winding tunnel full of ice blocks. A side-chamber can be accessed for the Burning ability if Kirby didn't have it by this point. Along the way, another side-door can be accessed if Kirby is able to break ice blocks in the floor. Otherwise, the path leads through a door to the left.
- This area is a series of separated tunnels, with a number of small side-chambers. Here, ChuChu and Pitch can be found, but only in one of the tunnels. More ice barricades can also be found in that same tunnel. In one of the side-chambers, a room can be found blocked off by blocks that can only be broken with either the Parasol or Clean abilities. Doing so will net Kirby an Energy Drink, but will also force him onto the upper path.
- This area is a series of separated tunnels. Kirby will appear in one of these depending on which route he took to get here. In the leftmost tunnel is a large snail shell.
- The door leads to a small chamber where Kirby must fight the Mid-Boss Yuki. Defeating it yields the Ice ability and opens the door to the next area.
- This area is a tunnel lined with Gabon.
- This area is a longer tunnel full of Kabu and Dekabu.
- The door leads to a long tunnel that leads upward, then back out of the cave. A flotilla of Sasuke and a ground force of Nruff await Kirby, to block his path to the stage exit just beyond.
In the final room, Kirby meets a shell-less snail. If the shell was recovered along the way, he will get a Heart Star as thanks.
Heart Star guide
Kirby and Coo will need to take a convoluted path through the icy caverns to reach this shell.
To get this Heart Star, Kirby has to recover a snail's shell. It can be found by collecting the Burning ability and Coo, then breaking through the ice block tunnel. Along this tunnel, a side-door can be found accessible only by means of these two elements together. From there, Kirby has to alternate between Coo and ChuChu to break through more ice barricades and reach an area where the shell can be found. From there, Kirby just needs to reach the end of the stage.
Enemies, Mid-Boss and Animal Friends
Walking along the solid, but still slippery walkways
Sliding down past crumbling floors into the depths of the ice
Uncovering a hidden doorway using Burn
Recruiting Coo to help Kirby sweep through the caves
Flying quickly past the Corori before they can get their snowballs going
Taking note of the Pactos up ahead
Using Burn to break the ice in a large room
Slipping into an alternate passageway, formerly blocked off with ice
Switching to ChuChu to break the ice above
Choosing friends to clear the remaining portion of the path
Flying over Gabons in crevices in the floor
Reaching the stage exit, and its many guards