Floaty the Cell Core
- This article is about water bubble foe. For umbrella foe, see Floaty the Drifter. For other Floaties, see Floaty.
Floaty the Cell Core is a large enemy which first appeared in Kirby Star Allies. It is a strange critter which resides in a floating bubble of water. It attacks by shooting globs of this water toward Kirby.
Floaty the Cell Core has 52 HP, the same value of the Star Bullet damage. However, it can be one-hit KO'd by Blizzard and Zap element moves. It can also be inhaled by Kirby and swallowed for the Water ability if it's low enough for Kirby to do so.
Floaty the Cell Core can be found in the following stages:
- This enemy was originally called アメーバ (Amoeba) in the concept art, a type of cell or organism in real life which has the ability to alter its shape. In its early designs, various common enemies in the Kirby series were originally considered to be the core of this creature.
- This enemy's name seems to be a throwback to Floaty the Drifter, though the two enemies have very little in common.
- Floaty the Cell Core is one of the few common enemies that appear in The Ultimate Choice.
Names in other languages
|Japanese||フローティ ザ セルコア
Furōti za Serukoa
|Floaty the Cell Core|
|Dutch||Floaty de celkern||Floaty the cell core|
|French||Flotty le noyau cellulair||Flotty the cell core|
|German||Schwebli, der Zellkern||Schwebli, the cell core|
|Italian||Flutti il nucleo||Flutti the core|
|Spanish||Floti la núcleo cellular||Floti the cell core|
- "See Floaty the Cell Core's development in this #KirbyStarAllies concept art. It looks like it was planned to be floating in water from the very start. The shape of the water is also very unique, and the critters all look so adorable!" —Nintendo of Europe Twitter feed ( )