A Final Weapon refers to any ability and/or item that is used to defeat the final boss (or in some cases, the penultimate boss), and typically only features at or near the end of the game.
The first game in the Kirby series to feature a final weapon was Kirby's Adventure. In this game, Kirby retrieves the Star Rod by collecting its pieces from all the various bosses up to the final confrontation, and uses it to defeat Nightmare. Once Kirby obtains the Star Rod, he can not lose it in the fight, unless he happens to get a Game Over.
From that point on, many games in the series followed suit by providing Kirby with some form of final weapon. These weapon are, in chronological order:
- Rainbow Sword from Kirby's Dream Land 2. Obtained by collecting all the Rainbow Drops, then defeating King Dedede. Kirby uses this sword to battle Dark Matter. Unlike most final weapons, this one has no ranged attack, but it can reflect Dark Matter's projectiles back at it for extra damage.
- Starship from Kirby Super Star. Obtained by combining the seven Star Seals in Milky Way Wishes, Kirby uses the ship to chase down and stop Galactic Nova before it can grant Marx's wish of world domination. Unlike the other weapons, it is not used to battle Marx directly.
- Love-Love Stick from Kirby's Dream Land 3. Obtained by collecting all the Heart Stars in each level, then defeating King Dedede. Kirby uses this stick in much the same way as the Star Rod to battle Dark Matter, then Zero.
- Ribbon's Crystal from Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards. Obtained by collecting all the Crystal Shards, then defeating Miracle Matter. Kirby and Ribbon pair up to use this ability, firing crystal projectiles at 0² to defeat it. This was the first weapon to be utilized in a fully 3-D scenario.
- Master from Kirby & The Amazing Mirror. Obtained after defeating Dark Meta Knight. Also known as the Galaxia, Kirby is given this sword by Meta Knight just prior to facing Dark Mind. Unlike most final weapons, it is possible to lose this weapon, though losing it will not make the final boss unbeatable. Master can also be used outside of the final boss fight, where it can serve as a multipurpose tool for various tasks, including pounding Posts, lighting Fuses, and cutting String Platforms.
- Triple Star from Kirby: Squeak Squad. Obtained by defeating Dark Daroach. Kirby is given this cane by Daroach, and uses it to battle Dark Nebula. Much like Master, it can be used on a multitude of puzzles, and can potentially be lost. Otherwise, its primary function is to fire three encircling star orbs at the enemy to deal damage.
- Metamortex from Kirby's Epic Yarn and Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn. This item is obtained in various stages to transform Kirby and Fluff into various vehicles and forms. In the fight against Mega Yin-Yarn, Kirby uses a Metamortex to transform into the Tankbot to defeat him.
- Landia from Kirby's Return to Dream Land. Landia is a four-headed dragon who helps Kirby and his friends take on Magolor after being betrayed by him. Landia splits into four separate dragons to accommodate each hero, and controls similarly to the Starship from Kirby Super Star. Additionally, like the Starship, Landia is not used to battle Magolor in his final state, merely to bring down the Lor Starcutter.
- Ultra Sword from Kirby's Return to Dream Land. This Super Ability is used throughout the game in a number of areas. However, it is required to deal the final blow to Magolor in his first form. Unlike the other final weapons, it cannot be used to fight the true final boss, Magolor Soul.
- Hypernova from Kirby: Triple Deluxe. This ability is used throughout the game, but its most prominent use is in the final section of the fight with Queen Sectonia. Kirby uses this ability to inhale the Queen's final power blast, and turn it against her.
- Halberd Mode from Kirby: Planet Robobot. To battle against the final boss, Star Dream, Kirby combines his Robobot Armor with the Halberd to take to outer space and fight this planet-sized threat.
- Star Allies Sparkler from Kirby Star Allies. A special version of the Friend Star is formed to do battle with the Destroyer of Worlds, Void Termina.