From WiKirby, your independent source of Kirby knowledge.
Dedede's Drum Dash Deluxe is a Nintendo 3DS eShop exclusive spin-off title, which expands upon the Sub-Game Dedede's Drum Dash from Kirby Triple Deluxe.
Much like the original, the player plays as King Dedede, and bounces along each stage on drum platforms to the beat of various musical pieces from the Kirby series. The goal is to reach the end of the stage with the highest score possible, by completing the stage as quickly, with as few mistakes, as many back-beats, and as many coins as possible. At the same time, Dedede must contend with various obstacles on his path, including spikes, enemies, faulty drums, and more. If he runs out of stamina or falls out, the stage ends early with no stage clear bonus. Getting a higher score can increase the Trophy rank to one of four different types. the player can also unlock masks to wear however some of them can only be unlocked by having a copy of Kirby Triple Deluxe.
Dedede's Drum Dash Deluxe was released on the 3DS eShop on Aug 29, 2014 in North America.
Differences from Drum Dash
- 7 stages plus 7 alternate versions of the stage with increased difficulty in Extra mode
- More types of obstacles
- An overall score calculated from the sum of the stage scores
- Collectable masks that Dedede can wear in-game
||The tune from the first stage of Kirby: Triple Deluxe. Press A when landing to do a High Jump, and again to do a Super Jump!
||A sugary-sweet melody, courtesy of Kirby: Triple Deluxe. Get up high using the Super Jump, and hit the backbeat cymbals with A.
||A mischievous little Number also from Kirby: Triple Deluxe. New object appearing in this level: number coins and breakable drums.
|Bouncing Boss Battle
||Boss-battle music from Kirby: Triple Deluxe. Plenty of blindfold banner and bad guys to get in your way!
||A tune with a hectic, urban feel from Kirby Air Ride. Take care when jumping on the spikeflip drums if you want to finish in one piece!
|Boarding the Halberd
||"That tune" from Revenge of Meta Knight. Featuring a frantic tempo and introducing propeller drums!
||The theme from the final boss battle of Kirby's Return to Dreamland. This super-difficult level has prickly pencils poking all over the place!
- Dedede's Drum Dash Deluxe is the only standalone game in the Kirby series which does not feature Kirby as a playable character.
- Likewise, it is the only game in the Kirby series which does not have Kirby's name in the title.
- Though there is a Kirby mask that Dedede can wear.
- This game and Kirby Fighters Deluxe are the only two Kirby games that came out on the same day in the same year.
- This game can be abbreviated as Dedede's DDD or DDD DDD, which was most likely intentional.