WiKirby just reached 4,000 articles, with Road to Victory being the 4,000th one! Thanks for your continued support; WiKirby wouldn't be here today without you all!
Please remember that WiKirby contains spoilers, which you read at your own risk! See our general disclaimer for details.
It's easy—just head on over to our Help & Policy section and then find a page to get started.
Not sure where to begin? Check out our maintenance page. If you have any additional questions, contact an administrator+.
Please keep in mind that in order to create new pages (including your user page) and upload files, you must create an account, wait one day, and make 5 edits to pages first. Doing this will also allow you to edit without being moderated!
Have fun and thanks for visiting!
Sword is a Copy Ability which grants Kirby a blade to wield against his foes. First appearing in Kirby's Adventure, this is one of Kirby's oldest and most essential abilities, and has since become one of the most ubiquitous and recognizable Copy Abilities in the series - often being among the first (if not the very first) seen. When utilizing it, Kirby adopts a green hat with a yellow brim and a pompom at its tip, which grants him a look similar to that of Link from the The Legend of Zelda series. The most common way to obtain the Sword ability is by inhaling Sword Knight, Blade Knight, or the Mid-Boss Gigant Edge. Sword is also notable for being one of the abilities that can be used underwater, making it very versatile. In Kirby's Return to Dream Land and Kirby's Return to Dream Land Deluxe, there is a super version of this ability called Ultra Sword.
A recurring character, the sword-wielding Meta Knight, is prone to challenge Kirby to duels throughout the series. Prior to these battles, Meta Knight commonly throws Kirby a sword, which he can use to get the Sword ability as well. In most cases, Meta Knight refuses to battle Kirby if he is not equipped with this ability.
Amazing! Good quality. I love to see the 4 Kirbys together, it transmits the feeling of the game, in my opinion. --Tucayo 21:03, 22 September 2010 (CDT)
- ...despite being an infamously powerful character and boss, Galacta Knight has never appeared in the story mode of any main series game?
- ...the number of feathers on a Sphere Doomer's tail indicates its relative power?
- ...the Jamba Heart in Kirby Star Allies was sealed by four spears wielded by ancient heroes, and it is these spears that are used to form the Star Allies Sparkler?
- ...the first letters of each level name in various Kirby games will often spell something, with the first example of this being in Kirby's Adventure?
- ...Lololo & Lalala originate from an older HAL Laboratory series called Eggerland?
- March 25th, 2023 - WiKirby just reached 4,000 articles, with Road to Victory being the 4,000th one! Thanks for your continued support; WiKirby wouldn't be here today without you all! Let's celebrate with a delicious picnic!
- March 16th, 2023 - Heads up, WiKirbians! Just a friendly reminder that on March 27th, 2023, Nintendo plans to completely shut down the eShops for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS. There were a lot of great Kirby games on offer for both of those devices, whether made for the systems or on Virtual Console, so if you were looking to get your hands on any of those games, now would be the time to do it. Don't let the chance to legally own and play Kirby's Blowout Blast slip you by for the rest of eternity! That would be a darned shame...
- March 2nd, 2023 - New NIWA Member: Kovopedia, the go-to encyclopedia about the wonderous world of Magical Vacation, has swung down from the stars and made its place in the Nintendo Independent Wiki Alliance! Visit them to rejuvenate your spirit!
- February 8th, 2023 - Prepare to bow, WiKirby! Welcome your new overlord! In today's Nintendo Direct, a new Extra Game for Kirby's Return to Dream Land Deluxe was revealed, called Magolor Epilogue: The Interdimensional Traveler! In it, you will play as Magolor and regain his lost powers in order to return home. In addition, a number of classic Kirby games were announced to appear with the new Nintendo Switch Online Game Boy/Game Boy Color and Game Boy Advance services. Lastly, a demo of Kirby's Return to Dream Land Deluxe is set to release later today!
- February 8th, 2023 - The Russian wiki referendum has concluded! Russian WiKirby will proceed in the same webspace as English WiKirby! We look forward to their first articles!
- January 24th, 2023 - Эй, Эй, Эй! There's a referendum going on about potentially adding a Russian language version of WiKirby! Please go to the referendum page and vote on it in the corresponding talk page before the end of February 7th, 2023! Also, it's WiKirby's 13th anniversary! Let's celebrate with a Car-Mouth Cake!
- January 19th, 2023 - New NIWA Member: Take heart! Kingdom Hearts Wiki has formally entered the Nintendo Independent Wiki Alliance! Be sure to visit if you wish to unlock the secrets of the franchise!
- January 11th, 2023 - Heads up, Dream Landers! There's been a tidal wave of new information about the upcoming Kirby's Return to Dream Land Deluxe, including a new Copy Ability called Sand and the return of Festival! Other new information includes more sub-games and a new area called Merry Magoland. All this information is being added to the wiki as quickly as we can!
Submit more Kirby related videos here
NIWA is a family of open-content encyclopedias based on Nintendo franchises, vowing to be now and forever independent!
Other Nintendo franchise wikis are welcome; please visit the NIWA website for more information!
NIWA also has a Discord server that you can join by clicking here.
- - Kingdom Hearts Wiki
- - Kovopedia
- - Lylat Wiki
- - Metroid Wiki
- - NintendoWiki
- - Nookipedia
- - Pikipedia
- - Pikmin Fanon
- - SmashWiki
- - Starfy Wiki
- - StrategyWiki
- - Super Mario Wiki
- - Ukikipedia
- - Wapopedia
- - Wars Wiki
- - WikiBound
- - Xeno Series Wiki
- - Zelda Wiki
- - Mozilla Firefox is WiKirby's recommended web browser. It allows you to download extensions which can make your wiki experience much more efficient. Download the latest version here.
- - GNU Image Manipulation Program (GIMP) is a highly useful image editing software. It may seem complex at first, but it is a robust toolkit that allows you to clean and crop images like a pro. Download the latest version here.
- - Paint.NET is another very useful image editing software with features similar to GIMP, though not quite as bulky or dense. Paint.NET runs very quickly, and lets you get images cropped or otherwise fixed up in seconds. Download the latest version here.
- PNGGauntlet for Windows, ImageOptim for Mac, and Trimage for Linux are programs that allow you to convert and optimize images with ease. This saves space on the wiki and makes things easier for other editors. See more details at their respective web links.
- - Discord is a free, real-time chat service. WiKirby has its own Discord server which is used by our editors to communicate with each other, and for users to talk and share news, Kirby-related or otherwise. You can join by following this link: Shiver Star - WiKirby Discord. Please note that our Discord server has its own rules and policies; more information can be found here.